PDA

View Full Version : Knee Issue

Brian Brunette
06-14-2010, 09:29 PM
About 1 1/2 months ago I had just finished a workout at my box and came home to find my wife and daughter outside hanging out with my neighbors. My daughter and her friend were playing with a tennis ball that went wayward and I ran to go get it, upon on stopping I felt a little pain in my knee.
The pain hasn't gone away. I will be the first to admit I haven't really rested from my usual workouts.
The pain appears to be on the inside of my kneecap. The best way to describe it is this: I used to be able to do pistols without issue on both L and R side. Now on my right, at a quarter of the way down to parallel I start to feel pain... If allow myself to drop a little bit I can get all the way down. Here's where the fun part is... If I try to come up, I get to just about parallel when I feel like I have a sharp stabbing pain and my knee totally gives out.
If I go hard in the gym, upon leaving it hurts to lift my leg to get into the car. If I am sitting on a chair or my couch with my knee bent and foot on the floor, if I flex my quad I can feel "something" uncomfortable in my knee. Sometimes when I am laying down in my bed, I feel something (not necessarily uncomfortable, just something that is new) in the back of my knee, almost like I have my knee hyper-extended.

Any ideas? It is really starting to get annoying.

Steven Low
06-16-2010, 07:08 PM
See a doc and have them do mcmurray's or ege's or apley's test on your knee.

Given your symtoms with the pain inside the joint and semi-discomfort with knee giving out I would suspect some sort of meniscal problem.

It may be a tear or it may not be. At worst you'll have to get some arthroscopic surgery and could be back in 1-2 months. If it was bad your knee would be locking up when you are trying to fully extend it; since it's not this bad your diagnosis may be much better than the above.

If you wait and let it get worse then you may have bigger problems on your hands.

Brian Brunette
06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for your input Steven, I was hoping that maybe a break of a week or two would maybe get it feeling better. I've started taking a MSM Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplement, as well as ramping up my Fish Oil intake.
Guess I will start looking for an expert.
:thanx: