PDA

View Full Version : Headaches?????

Erik von Hoch
06-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Ok, so I just completed my 3rd day of Crossfit and, well...I'm not sure if I have an issue or not?

After each workout I feel completely exhausted (the GOOD kind though!) and feel really good! BUT within about a minute or two of finishing I get this headache that radiates through the front part of my head. It makes me feel almost sick (not the pukies though). I feel completely drained and my head kills me. It usually goes away after about 10-15 minutes, a slight bit faster if I walk around for a bit.

Anyone else have this? Is it from just starting Crossfit? I've been actively involved in powerlifting and running (ok, just 5-10k's but still) for the past 5-6 years, cheered all through college and wrestled all through middle and high school. So I've definately worked out hard before...just never had this happen. Any advice? Or pointers? Oh, I DO make sure I eat a solid meal about 1/2 hour - 45 minutes prior to training and I drink water all through the workout (and all day long for that matter). I'm at a loss here. The headaches SUCK. When they do go away I feel AMAZING and love the "just worked out" feeling...just could do without the headaches. Should I just man up and deal with them?

Steven Low
06-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Errr, that doesn't sound like a typical exertion headache.

Are you getting it from any particular movements? Or tensing up a lot of muscles in your neck or anything?

Any more info?

You can always see a doc about it.

Erik von Hoch
06-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Errr, that doesn't sound like a typical exertion headache.

Are you getting it from any particular movements? Or tensing up a lot of muscles in your neck or anything?

Any more info?

You can always see a doc about it.

Nah, it doesn't seem to be from any certain exercise. I've been through (4) CF workouts now and I get the same type of headache after each one for roughly 15 minutes afterwards. There's no tension in my neck, or pain anywhere else. It's very strange, if I keep moving, then the headache goes away. It's only when I stop moving/working for longer than a minute. Also, if I bend over at the waist it seems to relieve the head ache as well. I think it may be from overheating? Although I'm not really sure how to combat that. I drink as much as I can (without puking) during workouts...

Steven Low
06-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Hmmm bending over at the waist?

How high is your heart rate?

Usually when you bend over or lie down heart rate drops some because less contractions are needed to force blood against gravity up to the brain. Maybe headache due to a response to very high heart rate?

Shrug. I mean ifyou're worried you may want to get it checked by a doc.