PDA

View Full Version : tennis elbow and bad rotator cuff

Kyle Conway
09-25-2009, 01:54 AM
i think i got these injuries from work. I deal black jack, so i am moving my arm the same way fast, and for long periods. Any good ideas to help me heal faster. the pain comes and goes. Advil makes it go away. I do not feel it is that bad yet i just want it to get better so i can do WOD did not realize it was that addicting. What exercise help the rotator cuff. Thank you for you help.

Steven Low
09-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Ice, massage, etc.

maybe a brace during work, heh

Mike Mallory
09-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Steven I think between the two of us we can handle anything on this board!

Get this book Kyle;

http://www.amazon.com/7-Minute-Rotator-Cuff-Solution/dp/0944831257

Everett Steinbarger
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Kyle,

If you could give more information as to what is going on with your elbow and shoulder it would be helpful.

This may be helpful:http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50804 (WFS)

Frank E Morel
09-27-2009, 12:16 PM
I have a sneaking thought you stand with your shoulder sloping forward and your head and neck are pulled forward?

if this is true, back muscles are weak and your pec muscles are now pulling your shoulder forward. Think of the movement your doing day in day out.
short working height, arm bent. short reach.

Let us know if this the case.. look in the mirror or better yet have someone take a side photo of you standing in a relax standing position and come back.

Frank E Morel
09-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Steven I tthink between the two of us we can handle anything on this board!

Get this book Kyle;

http://www.amazon.com/7-Minute-Rotator-Cuff-Solution/dp/0944831257

old protocols.

Mike Mallory
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
old protocols.

old yes, but also effective

Frank E Morel
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
old yes, but also effective

The understanding of bio mechanics has vastly improved since the early 90s when the book was first written and hasnt been updated since.

Granted it was The text in its day but Rotator cuff treatment has gotten whole lot better.

Case and point.. i am 60 hours post op and I am out of my sling. Some surgeons are requiring 2 weeks of sling time.

The original post is better served by encouraging PT assessment then advising out dated methods.

Mike Mallory
09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
The understanding biomechanics has vastly improved since the early 90s when the book was first written and hasnt been updated since.

The original post is better served by encouraging PT assessment then advising out dated methods.

Of course rotator cuff treatents have changed.....But he's not a doctor, and my recommendation was based on the fact that it's a fairly simple book that will explain the basic biomechanical problems :cool:

Frank E Morel
09-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Of course rotator cuff treatents have changed.....But he's not a doctor, and my recommendation was based on the fact that it's a fairly simple book that will explain the basic biomechanical problems :cool:

Since he is not a doctor. Instead of advising dumping money on a book that is dated and follows the "advised treatment" and blows thru his supraspinatus cause he decides to follow the book with the incorrect regime. His money would have been better spent by being seen by a pt, who would have done an assessment and taught the exercises correctly with proper explanation.

Mike Mallory
09-27-2009, 11:15 PM
A basic book for a biomechanical explanation.......You don't need to read into the problem any farther than that