PDA

View Full Version : pull up bar design diagram

James lee
11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I drew up a diagram for what we are planning on doing. Its a very simple design using pipes and Speed Rail fittings. If anyone is interested, here it is!

http://www.teamcrossfit.com/storage/Pull%20up%20bar%20design.jpeg (WFS)

If you see any mistakes, let me know also.
thanks!

Ryan Stitt
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Since you will have the 9' portions running perpendicular to the wall, you might think about lowering the portion parallel to the wall to 8'. This will allow shorter clients to get onto the bar more easily without the use of a box. For some women, a 7' section would be nice too(maybe in the center coming from the wall to a T in the upright? To keep more useable space, you might also consider an addition bar over the pull up bar to which wall ball targets can be affixed.

Just some suggestions for making the most out of the space for you.

James lee
11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
your right. 9ft is a bit high for everyone. i think 7 1/2 or 8 is high enough.

thanks!

Ryan Stitt
11-18-2008, 08:04 AM
your right. 9ft is a bit high for everyone. i think 7 1/2 or 8 is high enough.

thanks!

Don't forget about your tall guys though. my reach is about 7'8" and I am 5'8" tall. If you go too short the big guys won't be able to kip. Really, you are going to need varied height if you want it to be useable for everyone. I have my bar set at ~8'. The nice thing about having an 8' bar is it makes a good target for burpees when it is required.

I attached an image that kind of captures my thoughts. I didn't put dimensions on it. I believe you will still be able to use simple fittings from spped rail (these are also available from Harbor freight at a more reasonable cost by the way).

Hope it is helpful.

Chris Walls
11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't understand having the 2 bars stacked up like that. I couldn't use the top bar as the low one is in the way. Maybe I'm missing something.

Matt Everhart
06-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Just FYI, this setup DOES work (if you haven't done it yet)....although we did have one of the mid sections break today.

If you have the pipe-seller re-thread your pipe, just make sure they aren't etching too deep into the metal!

If you can see the outline of the thread on the INSIDE of the pipe, it's probably too deep.

That's what happened to us this morning...dang pipe failed at the thread.

Anyway, the design itself is solid though!!