PDA

View Full Version : I think I tweaked my left hammy - looking for some advice

Rob Lorenzini
11-06-2007, 11:07 AM
On Sunday after the WOD my left hamstring felt a little odd. I had the slightest of pain. Nothing that I really even noticed too much, it did not stop my workout in fact I did a kettlebell workout later in the day with no problem and even went rollerblading.

Yesterday it seemed ok and was not bothering me so I did the WOD.

This morning I was in terrible pain when I woke up.

It only hurts when I walk, particularly on the forward extension of my gait. It hurts all the way up when the Hamstring meets my butt. The odd thing is, this not like typical muscle soreness and the location makes me believe it is some sort of connective tissue. how could I determine this?

I have been doing kettlebell work in addition to the WOD and I may have over done it.

Has anybody had anything like this before? I have never experienced this type of issue before so I am looking for a little advice. I am an avid stretcher and firm believer in warming up. i.e. I never go into workouts cold.

I am skipping the WOD today because of this pain.

I have some questions:

1.) What type of injury do you think this is?
2.) What is the recommended course of action?
3.) Has anybody ever experienced this type of thing before?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Jay Cohen
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
On Sunday after the WOD my left hamstring felt a little odd. I had the slightest of pain. Nothing that I really even noticed too much, it did not stop my workout in fact I did a kettlebell workout later in the day with no problem and even went rollerblading.

Yesterday it seemed ok and was not bothering me so I did the WOD.

This morning I was in terrible pain when I woke up.

It only hurts when I walk, particularly on the forward extension of my gait. It hurts all the way up when the Hamstring meets my butt. The odd thing is, this not like typical muscle soreness and the location makes me believe it is some sort of connective tissue. how could I determine this?

I have been doing kettlebell work in addition to the WOD and I may have over done it.

Has anybody had anything like this before? I have never experienced this type of issue before so I am looking for a little advice. I am an avid stretcher and firm believer in warming up. i.e. I never go into workouts cold.

I am skipping the WOD today because of this pain.

I have some questions:

1.) What type of injury do you think this is?
2.) What is the recommended course of action?
3.) Has anybody ever experienced this type of thing before?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

RICE, foam roller stretching or deep tissue massage ONCE inflammation goes down. Any anti inflam meds that work for you, or consider Bromelain more of a natural anti inflam.

Rob Lorenzini
11-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Holy Crap!! There is a medical supply store near my house so I bought a foam roller for $15, the self massage from it is really incredible. Feelin' better already :):):). Thanks for the advice.

What type of injury does it sound like?