PDA

View Full Version : Low Back Pain due to Clean

Dale King
10-10-2007, 05:02 PM
On Monday I was doing a workout consisting of..
Clean & Jerk
Knees to Elbow
KB Swings
Wall ball

I was on my last round of Clean, when I cleaned the weight up and immediately noticed a pain in my low back. I believe it was from extended my hips way forward to get under the weight, bad form I know.

I could barely get up the morning, and can straightened all the way up. Anyone else ran into this problem? I've researched low back pain on the forum and will heed the advice. Just checking to see if there's anything else I can do to get up and running faster.

Thanks for all the help

Aileen Reid
10-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I've tweaked my back heaps of times. I usually do little apart from stretching and maybe an anti-inflammatory. It usually clears up pretty quickly.

The lesson as always is don't round your back out, maintain that lumbar curve at all times! It only takes one little flick, one split second......

Ari Sherwood
10-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Lots of ice! 20 minutes applications several times a day. It helps a lot, especially in the early stages of the injury.

Shane Brant
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I highly doubt the injury you sustained was from the Clean itself. A few years ago I herniated my L-4 disk while doing a Snatch Pull with bad form. Best advice to give is don't rush back. Take some time off to let it completely heal. Do some walking outside, on a treadmill, stationary bike, maybe some pull-ups/chins, and dips. More importantly go see a doctor or PT that works with athletes. All the others will tell you not to exercise at all.

Mike Groth
11-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I have done something similar...I think my back pain is from a WOD we did that had SDHP in it and my form got sloppy at the end. Since then my back hurts off and on. Again recently I did a Heavy deadlift and my form sucked and now Im paying for it.

I have decided to go to a chiropractor who specializes in working with athletes...is this a good route to take for something like this?

Tim Newsome
11-15-2007, 09:51 AM
I have done something similar...I think my back pain is from a WOD we did that had SDHP in it and my form got sloppy at the end. Since then my back hurts off and on. Again recently I did a Heavy deadlift and my form sucked and now Im paying for it.

I have decided to go to a chiropractor who specializes in working with athletes...is this a good route to take for something like this?

I have chronic back pain. My chiropractor experience has been that my chiro can relatively quickly get me back to my steady-state level of (dis)comfort. If you're healthy, your steady state should be with no pain and a chiropractor will speed up your recovery.

Tim