PDA

View Full Version : Coming back

Steven Ross
09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
I had been doing crossfit regularly for about 8 months. In early August I had a severe fall and fractured my hand, 5 facial bones that required plating, and had a head injury. Recovery has been hard but I am getting there. I got my cast off yesterday and am ready to ease back in to crossfitting.

Today, I tried the "official" warm up and found it embarrassingly difficult. I had to modify some to protect my hand. The only pain was from my rib fractures and it was tolerable. But, the fatigue was hard. I can't believe I am fatigued from the warm up but I am. I guess that is what a month and a half of completely sedentary life will do. Has anyone else returned after a severe injuries? Any tips or suggestions? Thanks.

George Mounce
09-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I would start by scaling and work your way back in. You have an advantage in that you aren't new, so you should be back up to rx'd quicker then someone new and just starting. It will take you a bit to adjust back into the swing of things.

Aileen Reid
09-13-2007, 03:25 AM
Not severe injuries, just things like broken bones in feet, knees (still out on that one). But I think you'll find you'll come back OK, a bit of patience and because you're sort of pre-conditioned you'll come back quite quickly. Bear in mind that SOME of the pain might be scar tissue that may need breaking up with massage.