View Full Version : A Hole In My Stomach - Belt Suggestions?

John Daniel
09-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I have noticed in the past 4 months a little ball of fat right above my belly button. It gets bigger after heavy wieght days. The doctor said I have a small hole the internal fat is being forced through while under pressure. He suggested a belt would be a good idea. I have never used one, but I agree with his recommendation.

Any suggestions on a type of belt? I am more concerned about the front support than the back.

Craig Van De Walker
09-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Sounds like you may have a little hernia there?

John Daniel
09-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Yes, I am unclear whether it is an umbilibal hernia/defect or if it is a completely different hernia. There is no pain at all, I don't even feel anything.

Kevin King
09-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Sounds to me like you have a hernia.

I recommend revisiting this with your doc as depending on the size/type, they can be dangerous if the contents of your abdomen (fat, bowel) get caught in the hernia. Sometimes surgery is warranted to repair it before this happens.

I don't think any kind of belt is going to help as this is caused by high intraabdominal pressures.

-- KK