CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 11-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #21
Sean J Hunter

Profile:
Re: The CrossFit Games Needs an Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
Ok.. I was kidding with the Trolling thing but guess by the definition you are right. Lately the boards have been very boring. Not many posting things. I am out of the uninformed CF vs Coke debate. I can see my talents are needed in this thread. I don't take this serious.. no personal attacks felt here. I learned a lot. When debating with you I will need to take it to the gym. Just a funny joke.. I could not find you in the crossfit games website.. but you know my research procedures so I might have missed you.
I was entertained as well.

I especially enjoy your inference that your competitive record is proof to your claims.

S
Old 11-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #22
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Some stuff- Trained with Ryan he is a really cool guy. Watched this in person.. different standards for each athletes. Check Austin M.. he was bouncing the plates like an over filled basket ball. If they don't want you to bounce the plates make them use steel ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DayjixJp0K4

Enter Ronnie Tisdale.. never spent any time with him but love the cut off jean shorts-
Around the 4 min markÖ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nicn_AINArk

Its really hard to find bad behavior in X fit.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #23
Jason A Smith

Profile:

That business with Fisher and the judging was nonsense, then Castro calling him out at an athlete meeting was bush league. They have cleaned Dave's image up a bunch since then which is great as he is the public image of Crossfit's "showcase" but the hate for Fisher continues. Last year he "tested" positive for steroids, when in actuality he just did't wasn't able to make a test they asked for....while competing at the OC Throwdown. The whole thing was a bit absurd.

Froning, well Froning is Froning. Like I said I don't care for him at ALL for a number of reasons, and yes I watched the FRONIVG movie did not dissuade my opinion. I amn sure he is as nice as all get out just something about him. He works hard wins stuff and that is that. His team this year should be super stacked. As resilient as he is I wonder at what point he may sustain an injury that will slow him down a bit. Even though he continues to train like a mad man (or so it seems) as he continues to push he gains less and less each year. I believe he has put 2-4# on his max lifts in the last couple years. His conditioning is ridiculous and no one touches his ability to cycle barbells. If the event calls for it, no one beats him. Is he the fittest, I dunno but he sure is good at doing barbell cycling.

Last edited by Jason A Smith : 11-20-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #24
Richard Colon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Is he the fittest, I dunno but he sure is good at doing barbell cycling.
By Crossfit's standards? Or do you mean by the entire world, compared to the elite in other specialties, disciplines, events, competitions, endeavors, etc.

Because if you mean by Crossfit and compared to elite Crossfitters, it is not even close. Not even in the same ballpark.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #25
Jason A Smith

Profile:

By the Crossfit method of testing he is absolutely the best.

He has had more success than anyone else. Thorsdottir would be next for sure. She has won twice and been second twice. Interesting no one discusses her dominance as much.

Fraser and Smith are also up there. Ben has been podium 3 times in seven appearances and Fraser has been 2nd two years in a row.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #26
Shawn M Wilson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Colon View Post
By Crossfit's standards? Or do you mean by the entire world, compared to the elite in other specialties, disciplines, events, competitions, endeavors, etc.

Because if you mean by Crossfit and compared to elite Crossfitters, it is not even close. Not even in the same ballpark.
We also can't forget the experience the older guys have. The younger guys have to learn sadly the hard way when to push and when to coast.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #27
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Drohan View Post
You're the villian we need....

+1 to the OP for also being a redditor.

I think it's tough to be the "Enemy" in Crossfit because of how tightly controlled things are from the inside. Castro/HQ don't seem to put up with any BS, real or perceived.

Because Crossfit athletes on average earn so little money, few can afford to run afoul with HQ. So you'll end up seeing conformity to the current Crossfit norms and behavioral patterns, which up to this point are benign and actually quite decent. To their credit, it's one of the things HQ is doing very well.
Reddit 4 life
Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #28
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn M Wilson View Post
I think if Rich said you guys are chumps I'm coming back this year to win again we would see that take place. How much would that push the others, who all would that bring back into the fold of Crossfit and how many people would buy a golden ticket in hopes of watching the champ take down all the new kids who seem poised to win at this point?

Would make for some good TV especially if it was close all the way to the wire.
I would love Rich to say he's coming back to take the crown. Viewer ratings would be off the chart, thus causing affiliate numbers to grow exponentially. What's good for the CrossFit Games is good for CrossFit affiliates. I want to see this.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #29
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Wonder why the USA mens vs. the world is so much different than the women. Sure x fit started in the USA so we had a leg up.. but the world women are so far ahead of the USA girls in the last few years. This year Chyna C placed 6th best by the USA. Maybe because the women don't has as many opportunities to go pro and crossfit gives them an avenue.. plus all of the girls are so nice. I have not come across a woman who lost it besides not doing well and crying a bit. Need some tough *** woman who is PMS'ing going off on Castro, calling out the other girls.. Who are the Ryan and Ronnie T's of crossfit.

They mention Taylor S popping in x fit and Becca D well she is just such a beast hard to imagine that she is not getting some help.. but meeting them they are both so nice.. I am stumped.

Maybe Elizabeth A for calling out some of the x fit model competitors with tons of instagram followers.. but she is one of the nicest also.

Who is going to step up their mean game in x fit and stomp it?
Old 11-25-2015, 03:14 AM   #30
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

I don't doubt there's a lot of simmering under the surface with a LOT of the games athletes. Tantrums being held in so tightly that when they finally get out of the view of everyone they burst. This is mainly due to the expectation of what a Crossfitter should react like... but it won't last forever, sooner or later there will be a giant tantrum thrown at the top level and you will have your bad boy of CrossFit Vic. I witnessed a couple of close calls this year, mainly athletes frustrated with themselves rather than getting angry with others.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com