CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
Sean Dent

Profile:
Again Faster Speed Jump Rope

OK. So I have a speed jump rope I purchased from Again Faster years ago. It came with a replacement rope(wire), which I'm wanting to use (my current rope finally frayed and is not usable).

My problem is, I need to cut the rope to my length. After I cut the rope the end will be 'free' and I need to have a crimp on the end in order for the wire to work properly with the jump rope handles (boy I hope that description makes some sort of sense).
The replacement rope does not come with a crimp, so I can't use the rope until I find a crimp or something like it to block off the end.

Any suggestions. Sorry if my description makes no sense. I'll try and enclose a picture.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
Sean Dent

Profile:
Re: Again Faster Speed Jump Rope

OK. Here is the link for the rope.. w/ the crimps I'm talking about. Looking to try and find just the crimps... or make something like them without having to buy a whole new rope:

https://www.againfaster.com/shop/jum...on-rope-cable/
Old 08-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Keras Lesko

Profile:

you can probably find some wire crimps/ferrules or a cable stop at a hardware store like home depot
Old 08-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
Greg Light

Profile:

Is the one from the old rope removable? That's how the Rogue ones are. You unscrew the set screw and then use it on the new replacement cable.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
Kerry Kubla

Profile:

Try any Home Depot or Lowes. They have metal wire crimps for wires, I used them on my rogue bearing rope when I had to shorten the length a few inches.FWIW The lowes i went to had them next to the chain and wire spool area.