CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Any guesses on 14.2

Repeat anyone? Or will it be actually be some thought involved.
My guess- 17 min or longer, triplet exercises- Box jumps, T2B and PC so maybe a repeat. They are on a kick to see how much people have improved in the last 3 years. How original?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
Jayme Gruber

Profile:
Re: Any guesses on 14.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic McQuaide View Post
Repeat anyone? Or will it be actually be some thought involved.
My guess- 17 min or longer, triplet exercises- Box jumps, T2B and PC so maybe a repeat. They are on a kick to see how much people have improved in the last 3 years. How original?
There has been 1 WOD, they always repeat at least 1 WOD per year and have said they will continue to do so in order to collect data to compare how the sport grows. So there is plenty thought involved even if it's a repeat.

I would guess it would be something opposite of the last WOD to help level the field a bit. Heavier weights or a ladder combined with 1 other movement is my guess.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

I don't think they will do a repeat. I am thinking some sort of 12-17 min triplet with wall balls, TTB and either a STO or clean.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
Jason Newland

Profile:

Given that it is Talayna and Camille doing the face off on Thursday, possibly something with pull ups?

She faced off with Sam Briggs last year with the CTB and thrusters for 13.5.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Michael Cook

Profile:

I think only 1 repeat wod each Open, so no more repeats.

I think they won't repeat any movements, so no DU in this wod.

I also think that since they have had Thrusters and C2B in the last 3 years, we won't see that combo again. Definitely thrusters, and definitely C2b, but just not those 2 things together.

14.1 was a medium length time - 10 minutes, so it won't be that again, it will be either short 5-7 min or long 15-20min.

I think one wod will have ascending rep 3-6-9 of a barbell and bodyweight movement.

I think one wod will have ascending ladder of weights for a barbell movement.

So, by process of elimination, my guesses are either:

1. AMRAP 7: 3-6-9-12 Clean and jerk 135 & C2B

or

2. AMRAP 15: 40-30-20-10 T2B & Thrusters at 50, 100, 150, 200

btw nice job on 14.1 Vic!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cook View Post
I also think that since they have had Thrusters and C2B in the last 3 years, we won't see that combo again. Definitely thrusters, and definitely C2b, but just not those 2 things together.
The only reason I disagree is because Fran is the CF measuring stick if you're picking one WOD, and I think they like having some sort of version of it every year.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I don't think you will see T2B or C2B until week 4 or 5 but that is just a guess.

There are always barbells and bodyweight involved. My guess burpees (target, bar over, box jump, wall ball ?) and some variant of clean & jerk or thruster. Maybe a triplet of wall balls, burpees and clean and jerk ?

It will be long and ascending to keep people in it. Or the wieghts will be on the lighter/medium side. Last year they had Taylana do the repeat of 12.4. And I seriously doubt anyone beat CLB at C2B so I can't see them doing that again.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but 14.1 was a 10 minute burner. There will be something 50% longer (15-20 minutes), something 50% shorter (3-5 minutes) and well as something either a little shorter (7 minutes), or a little longer (12 minutes).

And yeah, great score Vic. Very impressive !
Old 03-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #8
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Thank you Jason and Michael. You both have a good finger on the pulse of Dave Castro.. I agree but some part of me hopes that they will do something cool and for the first time. I read somewhere that they figured out the following 2011-2013-
Snatch 13%
Burpee 13%
Thrusters 10%
C2B 10%
Jerk 10%
T2B 10%
Double Unders 7%
Box Jumps 7%
Muscle Ups 7%
Wall ball 7%
Clean 4%
Deadlift 2%
Push ups 1%
OHS 1%

So the first workout accounted for 20% of the studies percentages. Another Repeat the previous open says no. A combo like 13.1 which was 12.1 and 12.2 meshed together might happen.

Maybe a 12 min workout with Burpees and Clean and Jerks 165#.. That way Mr Castro can have that smug smile on his face like he invented the coolest thing ever.. 7 min of burpees and then 5 min of C & J.

Hope that CFHQ is not reading this because that workout would suck.

Like Rich F says he does not try and read Dave Castro's mind.

Now what are they going to do with Muscle ups is a big question? If no double repeat open workouts and D/U's gone then MU's will be a new workout somehow.

Guess that we will have to wait till Thursday 5:30's ish..

Wish you all the best in the open and on!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #9
Jenni Hartman

Profile:

I'm hoping for a 15min AMRAP with burpee box overs, a medium-weight barbell (100# clean?), and toes to bar.

Or do the burpee/barbell ladder from last year's 13.1 except make it clean & jerk instead of snatch.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #10
Michael Cook

Profile:

The other thing I am thinking about is where will muscle ups figure in to this year's open.

Since we have already had a repeat, I don't think we will have a repeat of the 150 WB, 90 DU and 30 MU wod.

And I think, to be inclusive, MU will only happen after a lot of something else - but what? A bunch of burpees? An ascending ladder of thrusters? Deadlifts and S2O? Or maybe a triplet of burpees, box jumps, and then MU?

Camille and Taylana would be good choices for a MU wod. So maybe we will see that this week.