CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Kevin Cornell

Profile:
Training in Pittsburgh area

Hey Guys, Looking to help teach the Olympic lifts in the Pittsburgh area. Look me up at www.KevinCornellFitness.com for more information and how to contact me if interested in training.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Alex Cunningham

Profile:
Re: Training in Pittsburgh area

So let me get this straight... not only did you post in the Competitions section, you have nothing to do with CrossFit and want us to pay you to teach us something that CrossFit boxes already know how to do?

Also, spam. Goodbye
Old 08-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
So let me get this straight... not only did you post in the Competitions section, you have nothing to do with CrossFit and want us to pay you to teach us something that CrossFit boxes already know how to do?

Also, spam. Goodbye
Sorry, but there are a lot of CrossFit boxes that DO NOT know how to lift correctly. I've seen whole affiliates at competitions that look like they've never seen a proper clean performed.

Given that these lifts are perhaps the most violent movements in CrossFit, I think a lot of coaches and athletes would benefit from spending some time at a weightlifting gym.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Certainly not spam.

I've visited Kevin's facility. He's an accomplished weightlifting/OLY coach and I learned a good deal from him in my training session there.

I'd recommend anyone in the area that wants to work on their clean, c&j, snatch etc drop in and check out his gym at least once.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Deb Weber

Profile:

well known legit lifter. Shout out to the Pburg peeps that helped me at my last meet