CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Cesar Agustin

Profile:
Crossfit Box in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for March 2013

We'll be traveling with the family to Puerto Vallarta for Spring break, right in the middle of the Crossfit Open. Hoping to find a Crossfit gym in town where we can do a WOD for submittal. At the least, we like access to a gym where we can have the equipment (and approval) to video our WOD.

Suggestions?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Samraj Cortes

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Box in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for March 2013

Cesar: If you are looking for an affiliate in Puerto Vallarta... there isn´t one yet.

We are waiting for an answer from HQ. In July we applied and we were accepted in October, however, the name we choose was already taken. We provided with different options since then, and we are still waiting for their ok.

We hope for a positive outcome. Soon we will be announcing our opening and we are already searching for a new CFL1 that would be interested in being part of this project; in the beautiful city of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Mexico.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Cesar Agustin

Profile:

At the least, if any locals/visitors are planning on doing the Crossfit 2013 Open WODs, we'd be interested in joining. Not sure if the Dreams resort will have the right equipment for us.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Matt Barber

Profile:

I'll be in Nuevo Vallarta (Mayan Resort?) from 3/9 to 3/16. I'd like to give the Open another shot.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
Chris MacLean

Profile:

I'm at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta as I type this and I can tell you that their gym isn't that bad but it's not a CrossFit haven.

You could bust out pull ups and they do have a barbell but it's still limited in it's equipment.

If the open is much like last year though, they stuck with fairly inclusive movements.

The plates they have are metal so probably not a lot of dropping them to be had.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Cesar Agustin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris MacLean View Post
I'm at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta as I type this and I can tell you that their gym isn't that bad but it's not a CrossFit haven.

You could bust out pull ups and they do have a barbell but it's still limited in it's equipment.

If the open is much like last year though, they stuck with fairly inclusive movements.

The plates they have are metal so probably not a lot of dropping them to be had.
Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully the WOD won't use odd equipment. Do you know if there are any local globo gyms?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Roberto Martinez

Profile:

Al señor Cortés. Mi nombre es Roberto Martinez y soy entrenador certificado Level 1 desde hace tres años. Soy entrenador en Front Range CrossFit en Denver, Colorado, y me interesaría unirme a su equipo. Tengo ganas de regresar a México y ayudar en la promoción de este gran deporte
Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Matt Barber

Profile:

Any update(s) to this? Leaving for Nuevo Vallarta tomorrow and I'd love to drop in on an Affiliate if you're open. Thanks,
Old 03-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
Cesar Agustin

Profile:

Matt the only I could find was via Facebook, Calmecacrossfit.

TBH I couldn't find info if this was a true affiliate, they're not listed as one on the Games website. However, their FB page is filled w/ workout updates so they're pretty active as a box.

They said their about 20 min from the Dreams Resort in PV.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
Cesar Agustin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar Agustin View Post
Matt the only I could find was via Facebook, Calmecacrossfit.

TBH I couldn't find info if this was a true affiliate, they're not listed as one on the Games website. However, their FB page is filled w/ workout updates so they're pretty active as a box.

They said their about 20 min from the Dreams Resort in PV.
Didn't get to visit Clamecacrossfit. I asked them if they could validate my scorse since I couldn't find them on the Games site. No answer after a few requests. I'm guessing there's a specific reason why the gym name has no 'space' before the word Crossfit...