CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Ricardo Chavana Ramirez

Profile:
Crossfit Gym in Monterrey, Mexico

Hi, my name is Ricardo and I'm from Monterrey, Mexico, the purpose of this email, it's because I need some of help, because I will open a Crossfit Gym here in Monterrey. I just want to know if you can recomend me a place in Laredo, Mcallen or San Antonio, where can I buy equipment for crossfit the the most cheap possible, like bumper plates, kettlebells and things like that. Please I need so much your help.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Gym in Monterrey, Mexico

I recommend Fring Sports. It's about an hour north of San Antonio in Austin. Good prices. Super nice guys.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Ricardo,

We ship to Mexico quite often, and can help you with a full quote if you'd like. I know Mexico is generally underserved with equipment for CrossFit, and we're working hard at AF to change that.

You can email our staff at service@againfaster.com or call 617 460 5999. We'll get you squared away.

Best,

Jon Gilson
Owner, Again Faster
Old 10-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Alejandra Robles

Profile:

Hey Ricardo<
We(Team Academy CrossFit, Monrovia California) bought our equipment from www.extremetrainingequipment.com. Good stuff and they ship worldwide. We also bought a few things from Rogue.
Best to you
Old 10-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

How is Jon's reply above more acceptable than Alex Keller's contribution in this thread? Alex's reply got him banned, but I doubt seriously that Jon's reply will get him banned.

I'm not advocating that Jon be banned (that's the last thing I would want), but it sure appears that he is receiving preferential treatment and being held to a different standard than other smaller vendors.

- Mark

Last edited by Mark E. Wallace : 10-31-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Stephen Hull

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
How is Jon's reply above more acceptable than Alex Keller's contribution in this thread? Alex's reply got him banned, but I doubt seriously that Jon will get him banned.

I'm not advocating that Jon be banned (that's the last thing I would want), but it sure appears that he is receiving preferential treatment and being held to a different standard than other smaller vendors.

- Mark
You sir do have a good point.....
Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
How is Jon's reply above more acceptable than Alex Keller's contribution in this thread? Alex's reply got him banned, but I doubt seriously that Jon will get him banned.

- Mark
I agree. You've got to draw the line somewhere. I don't think either one of them were doing anything wrong, only trying to help a fellow crossfitter.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Oh wow I didn't notice that they had been banned. That is unfortunate. They were productive members I felt.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
Carlos Garza

Profile:

where are you going to set up the BOX, I live in Monterrey!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
Matt Rossing

Profile:
Thumbs down Re: Crossfit Gym in Monterrey, Mexico

Quote:
How is Jon's reply above more acceptable than Alex Keller's contribution in this thread? Alex's reply got him banned, but I doubt seriously that Jon's reply will get him banned.

- Mark
Absolutely agree. I've seen MANY similar posts over the past year that I've been around but never seen anyone banned for it. Various peeps from fringe, rogue, something with hammer in it. The Kelley's posts didn't seem any different from many of those. I came looking for this thread to post exactly what Mark Wallace said. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is wrong.

By the way, I have never been a customer of or had any relationship with any of these vendors. Most likely If I purchase anything in the near future it will be from AF or rogue, but it sucks to see fringe banned for doing something that hasn't been a problem when others have done it.