CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #2001
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

Tuesday- plenty of drama involving Gracen my grand son. I will process it and share about it. It all is part of the journey.

Went to Dark Side to drop him off with Reese (grandmother). Short warm up and did some cleaning- 45-220 easy then 235 F. I don't think that I was warmed up enough. Plus the 5 sessions in 3 days after a week off including DL each day was a little beat up.

C2B check in- un broken each set- 2,4,6,8,10,12 (42 total) all good sets. And they all got better as I went along. I need to get those rolling because we all know they are coming in the open. I would think that if I added 14,16,18 and 20 that would be all set. That would be great volume (110 reps).

Some thera-gun for about 20 min on the shoulder. Feels better today. I am noticing that the right shoulder (strong one) is not as strong. Something going on. I might train around it a bit. Seemed to work last time. My other arm (left) sure got better and more mobile. Always many paths to get to where you want to go. Just listen to your body. Speaking of that my knees are barking a little also.

Tonight I am going to just do cardio. Rowing with the Club 777 and keep my attention on them. Take Thursday off and be ready to hit Friday and Sat hard.

Cheers
Vic
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 01-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #2002
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Wed- family court 1/2 of the day. Amazing what I will have to go thru. More on that later. Life has a way of kicking you in the nuts and keep on kicking.

Went in and did the rowing class Club 777. I did 4x1000 meters and some extra. Strict t2b- best ever.. I stopped at 5/7 because it felt so good.

My GF had a stomach bug.. so I woke up feeling a little off. I will see if it just life or the bug that has me down.

I have reached out to some of my peeps. They are helpful and caring.

Day off today (Thursday).
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 02-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #2003
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

My kids came up to the plate for me. Gives you the other side of the situation-

My dad , Vic McQuaide, is someone that I think any child would be lucky to have as a parent. As a child I was a very stubborn and unruly little girl. I would never listen to anything he wanted me to learn and I pushed him away every chance I had. Fortunately, No matter what I did he loved me and persevered through it . He took my under his wing and got me into fitness , church , and school. We took a college road trip all over California which is one of the fondest memories I have. He has been a shoulder to cry on and a motivator when Iím struggling. He has a kind heart and is generous with whatever he can. My dad is not perfect, but he is a great example for his kids. My brothers and I are lucky to have him in our lives.

Allie McQuaide

Vic McQuaide is a fantastic father and always someone I look up to. His hard work and determination shows in his competitive cross-fit tournaments but also in our family. It is clear that we are his number one priority. For example, I am a college student at Texas Tech University so I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to but he calls and texts me almost every day to remind me how much he loves and supports me through my ups and downs. He is a fantastic father and role model who I know will always have my back.

- Tristan McQuaide
Old 02-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #2004
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Update alert. Email to my coach- Grandson and life Drama alert.

Man'o'man... 21 years ago I was arrested for a felony charge. The case was dropped, I did not see the judge and I did not post bail. But the arrest was on my record. I don't have any felony or misdemeanor's. Gracen was awarded to the State with Reese temporally in charge of him. They told Reese if I lived in the house (my house were we all live) Gracen would have to go into Foster Care until our house is approved. So Reese agreed to that and asked that I move to my apartment over the business I own. I did it but I am not happy about it. I had 15 years of family court with my ex fighting for my kids. I don't know if I can do it anymore. My character being questioned is coming into this, my past, present and future all hitting at the same time. The little boy inside feels abandoned and 2nd choice (even-though its the right choice) it still is screwed. Getting screwed over on something that was dropped 21 years ago triggers me and makes me want to fight or just quit. I pay for the house, utilities, and I have been paying for his day care. I don't know if the situation was reversed I could ask Reese to move out of her house that she paid for. Its really stirring up some past hurt with me and my kids. Family court stupid decisions/rules/no rules/just someone making decisions over people you love without any control. They told me on Wed my stuff had to be out of the house. I had a friend pack it up and move it to the garage. I really could not do it myself. They said an investigator is going to come by ASAP (still has not called) to inspect the house. I don't know about you but I am not that well with people telling me what to do especially if its really stupid and unjust. Its funny when Reese and I got Gracen she was a mess. She was tired, stressed and short. Controlling and a total *** one day. Sure she apologized and asked for forgiveness. I was mad at her for treating me bad when all I was doing was helping her. Financially she has goals and dreams. Now she is working less, tired, the baby is expensive. So at WZA I decided to chip in $1,000.00 per month for him and his expenses. Also pay for the house and utilities. I was all in, I also found a day care and picked him up and dropped him off some of the time. Heck I even changed some diapers and feed him at night. It felt good to be a part of his journey. She is in an impossible spot where she has to do what is right for Gracen. She called me on Tuesday crying and saying that she feels that she has to pick between me or Gracen. Which is kinda true. Because they have not giving me rules of what I can or can't do. So far I am not allowed to live in my house. I don't know how far that goes or what else I need to do or not do? Again I was forced to deal with the family courts for years with my kids. My ex wife was an alienator. I don't know if I have the fight right now. I just don't want to cave anymore, play their ball, jump thru the hoops. It feels like all of those years hitting me with more unfairness. And I am years away from it but it stings worse because I thought I was out of the woods. I just want someone to have a good explanation of why they had to force me out of my house or else Gracen was going into Foster Care. I am truthfully on the fence. Part of me would be so sad and part of me would be so relieved.

I am trying to be supportive of Reese (she keeps asking us to be a team) but I don't feel that she is living up to her part. Reese resists most all of my advice and recommendations. Usually in big situations she flat out squashes them. But a day/week/month/year later she somehow does what I advised her to do. Her explanation is that she says I don't do anything she says I should. Which is not true. I just take it in and put it in a place were I can best use it. She had a stomach bug or stress bug on Wed that I think that I got. My stomach is not feeling that well.

I really don't want to be a quitter and throw my sucker in the dirt. This **** is hard. I have been thru so much I don't know if I can take it anymore. I am just venting to peeps. One hour at a time. Until I get some answers I am lying in the tall grass ready to pound. That stubborn streak causes both good and bad in my life. It helps me at work, working out and sports but in the ways of the heart it can cause the other person to think WTF. Hehe

I have work until 5PM then hitting the gym easy and back at it on Saturday. This weekend I will fix my pad back up. Ironic that I gave my furniture to Reese's Daughter so I have a bed, GHD, Echo bike and L-sit paralletts for furniture. Heeheehehehaahah. The ****ed thing is that in the last year I have spent so much money getting my house so its comfortable. Maybe my massage chair will have to make it to my apartment.

Welcome to Feb! 1st month, 5 more of them. Get some duct tape to hold your athlete together. We are going to need it.

Love you,
Vic
Old 02-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #2005
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Friday- Long work day. Went in Dark Side and did the normal warm up.

Squat clean- 45-225# my thighs are still brused from WZA and the bouncing hang cleans.

Thruster warm up- 95x5, 115x5, 135x4, 155x3, 175x2, 195x1. My wrists and shoulder need work fast!

Warm up the exercises for the metcon-

10 min emom
Odd- 16 cal row
Even- 10 ub thrusters 95#
rest 2 min

10 min emom- I did only 8 my form was failing-
10 hspu
5 ring mu-
Ended up doing 4 rounds.
2 min rest then pick up a heavy bag or ball and walk around with it.

I was not feeling super motivated. The stomach bug is still with me.

Saturday AM with CF Fortius East-

Normal warm up- then some snatch followed by 4 oh squats. It was not the best day snatching. Actually maybe the worst in years. Went up to 155#

db lunging practice- 40' of each weight- 20,30,40, 50

DU check in- 20/30/40/50

Warmup the exercises - bike about 30 cal, C2b- 2,4,6,8 and oh squats with 115#

50 cal buy in- AA bike

2 rounds
21 c2b
15 ohs 115#
9 clean and jerks

Just did not feel that good. Life has me down a bit. Not up to go that hard yet. I say yet because in less than 3 weeks I will be.

__________________________________________________ __

Sunday- With Alex and a new guy Ziggy.

Some rowing and a short warm up-
50 step ups 30" I am making progress. My weak leg has caught up to my strong one. Took about 2.5 min.

We pulled from cards-
1st card- 50 s2o- 115 had to do it in 3 sets or less or the whole team had to do it again with you- 26/24 felt good.

2nd card- Same thing with 225# dl- 25/16/9

3rd card- T2B- 25/17/8 wow that one hurt. I have been doing small sets.

4th card- 25# wall balls using a slam ball- 25/15/10 got better as we went along.

Was happy to get thru some grunt work.

Went back to my place to un pack, hand up clothes and do some organizing.

I really slept well last night. Actually missed my meeting because I over slept.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:41 AM   #2006
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thats a lot going on Vic... it's never enough to slap you once but you are being hit from all angles.

Hope things work out my man. Keep your chin up and breath.

Alex
Old 02-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #2007
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Monday day off from work. We had a child protective service meeting all morning. Fun stuff. Then went to the gym.

Normal warm up- rowing, shoulder and hammie.

Box step ups- 30" 15 or so. 15 burpee box jump overs for check in.

Power clean all singles. My quads are sore from my experiment of hang bounce cleans. 45,75,105,135,165,175,185,195,200,205,210,215 then back to 165. Not the best day.

Time trials on the ski erg- full pulls vs. short pulls

:90 at 700 cal- 126 full pulls :90 at 700 cal- 126 short
:90 at 1000 cal- 148 pulse :90 at 1000 cal- 149
:60 at 1200 cal - 152 :60 at 1200 cal- 152 but felt way better
Old 02-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #2008
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Tuesday- had to do some Grand son stuff in the AM. I did not really feel like working out in the morning. My work suffers a bit taking 2 hours off in the middle of the shift.

Went to Alpine Ranch Crossfit with Alex. I arrived early, did some extra rowing, some reverse ghd, shoulder and hammie warm up.

I warmed up dl and did some 10 cal efforts alternating with alex. About :20 seconds on and :20 off. 5 reps each.

1k row for time- Was going well for the first 500, then I slowed down and then sped up to finish in 3:34. Not the best time.

The metcon started about 5 min after.

15 min emom
3 DL 255#
10 wall balls

Finished.

Worked up on new style 345# almost fainted got light headed.

20 super strict t2b- 6/5/4/3/2

Then to meet some friends and get some Thai food.

Overall good day!
Old 02-07-2019, 09:23 AM   #2009
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Wed- rowing class and some light warm up- ended up doing 5-6k while venting to the peeps.

Warm up metcon and oly-

12 min emom-
1 squat clean
2 split jerks
125-225# felt good.

3 rft
10 front squats 185#
15 burpees over the bar

That front squat sure got heavy- 10- 5/5- 5/5

5:36 two breaks cost me over :30.

Cool down and chat with more peeps.

Child protective services came in and took Gracen until our house was cleared. Such a shame. His Grandmother is sad, mad and disappointed to say the least. They gave some crap excuse about not getting our fingerprints done fast enough. We were notified on Monday. We had an appointment for Thursday (today) I stopped by on Tuesday (they don't take walk ins) so Im off now to get the digits inked.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #2010
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Life keeps on kicking.

Took off Thursday and Friday-

Saturday-
50 ghd
35 glute ham raises
Bike/ski erg 50 cal

BB complex-
7 clean pulls ub
5 hang cleans ub
3 push jerks ub
95-185

5 sets of max pull ups- maybe 2 min rest in between- 10/11/12/12/9

4 sets of 5 squats, 10 alt lunges, 10 alt step ups- 16"- 45,95,115,135

50/40/30/20/10 kb swings- I did most american then 20/10 russian
:10/:20/:30/:40/:50 holds in the bottom of squat with the 53#- Took over 10 min. Rough one on the back-

DB power snatch- all single reps on each arm- 30/40/55/70/80/90/100 fail

Swimming- total of 400 yards or 8 laps. Good to get back in the pool again.

Off to get a special workout- lifting up Cindy- 5 mu/10 hspu deficit/15 front squats 115.