CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
William Goldsmith

Profile:
Anatabloc

Has anyone tried Anatabloc? I have been using it for the past four months with great results. It is an anti-inflammatory supplement and has helped me greatly with pain in my wrist and foot as well as lower back pain related to arthritis. It also helps reduce soreness after training.

To be clear, I do no sell the product. I was just curious if any other Crossfitters are using it and what their results have been.

Thanks.

Bill

Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Michael V. Erickson

Profile:
Re: Anatabloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Goldsmith View Post
Has anyone tried Anatabloc? I have been using it for the past four months with great results. It is an anti-inflammatory supplement and has helped me greatly with pain in my wrist and foot as well as lower back pain related to arthritis. It also helps reduce soreness after training.

To be clear, I do no sell the product. I was just curious if any other Crossfitters are using it and what their results have been.

Thanks.

Bill
If you can believe the reviews it's awesome. Pretty darned expensive at $100/month. How did you find it? Did someone treating you recommend it? I'm thinking if it works half as well as the majority of reviewers say it does it's worth the money.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Chris Mason

Profile:

Tell me what's in it and I will tell you if it is any good.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
William Goldsmith

Profile:

I know it works because I use it myself. But, I was curious if any other Crossfitters were using it and what their experiences were. I actually learned about Anatabloc after investing in the company that makes it, Star Scientific. The active ingredient is Anatabine which is an anti-inflammatory neutraceutical naturally occurring in green tomatoes, peppers and tobacco. The anatabine in Anatabloc is synthesized. It has been shown to be three to four times more effective then Alleve, aspirin, Lipitor of Celebrex at reducing inflammation. Johns Hopkins and the Roskamp Institute are currently performing studies on it. But, they have also performed other studies that have demonstrated its effectiveness and there has been a peer reviewed article published in a European medical journal. Since many illnesses are tied to inflammation, there have been numerous testimonials from people with many different types of inflammation related injuries/illnesses that have reported remarkable results.

One of the surprises has been the number of people on Amazon, Facebook, GNC and the Yahoo message boards discussing the benefits of Anatabine for athletes in various sports who have either some type of injury or soreness from hard workouts. I can attest to this myself. So, given the rigorous nature of Crossfit workouts, I was wondering if it was being used by Crossfitters. I believe this will become the next aspirin in the next few years (as it pertains to any inflammation related, illness, soreness or injury).

Fred Couples, the golfer, has just begun endorsing the product after he contacted the company because of the results he has seen personally from using it. If I sound like a paid advertisement for Anatabloc, it is because I am almost evangelical about it. I have recommended it to all my friends who have some sort of inflammation related issue to include sinusitis, chronic rhinitis, arthritis, Crohn's disease, Plantars Fasciatis, ulcerative colitis, fibromyalgia, gout etc.

Sorry for the long reply. But I believe there are alot of Crosfitters who could benefit from Anatabloc.

Have a great night.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

You don't sell the product, but you have invested in the company. Okay...

Got any links to the studies you reference?

Katherine

Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
William Goldsmith

Profile:

Hi Katherine,

I appreciate your skepticism as I had the same reservations. I mentioned that I invested in the company so you understand how I came to learn about it. I could easily have withheld that piece of information.

Anyway, the following link will take you to an excellent summary and repository of most of the information out there pertaining to Anatabloc including links to the studies I referenced. In addition, I would encourage you to check out the reviews on Amazon, GNC, Facebook and the Yahoo message board for Star Scientific.

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd....1342942&pt=msg

If you do end up trying it, I would love to learn about your experience.

Have a nice evening.

Bill

Last edited by William Goldsmith : 03-18-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

From the page you linked:

Quote:
Numerous peer reviewed studies on Anatabine should start showing up in the press and in legitimate medical journals in 2012. ... The first peer reviewed article on Anatabine’s possible use in Alzheimers recently came out in the European Journal of Pharmacology.
Pretty much all the other information you provided is completely ignorable. Does the FDA know that you're citing Facebook and Amazon reviews as real evidence?

Katherine

Old 03-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
William Goldsmith

Profile:

Katherine,

Did you actually go to the links provided? There are links to the results of the studies I mentioned in that post that I provided the link to. The head of Johns Hopkins Endocrinology Dept. has been presenting the results of a study that was performed regarding Thyroiditis to seminars of other physicians. There is plenty of information on the internet for you to do your own due diligence. I don't expect anyone to just take my word for it.

It has worked for me and there is lots of anecdotal evidence that others are benefiting from it (that is why I included the info. on Facebook, Amazon and GNC) as well in addition to the studies and, as you have already pasted in your post, one peer reviewed article that has already appeared in the European Journal of Pharmacology.

As I have already stated, I want people to be aware of it and then have them make their own decision after performing their own due diligence. If it is not for you, that's great. But, there may be other people who could benefit from it as I have.

I may be mistaken, but I sense an antagonistic tone to your post. That is the last thing I want. I simply want people to be aware of
Anatabloc because I believe it can help many of them. I want each person to make the decision that is right for them. But, there is no decision to be made if they don't even know about it.

Take care,

Bill

Last edited by William Goldsmith : 03-19-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Michael V. Erickson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Goldsmith View Post
Katherine,

Did you actually go to the links provided? There are links to the results of the studies I mentioned in that post that I provided the link to. The head of Johns Hopkins Endocrinology Dept. has been presenting the results of a study that was performed regarding Thyroiditis to seminars of other physicians. There is plenty of information on the internet for you to do your own due diligence. I don't expect anyone to just take my word for it.

It has worked for me and there is lots of anecdotal evidence that others are benefiting from it (that is why I included the info. on Facebook, Amazon and GNC) as well in addition to the studies and, as you have already pasted in your post, one peer reviewed article that has already appeared in the European Journal of Pharmacology.

As I have already stated, I want people to be aware of it and then have them make their own decision after performing their own due diligence. If it is not for you, that's great. But, there may be other people who could benefit from it as I have.

I may be mistaken, but I sense an antagonistic tone to your post. That is the last thing I want. I simply want people to be aware of
Anatabloc because I believe it can help many of them. I want each person to make the decision that is right for them. But, there is no decision to be made if they don't even know about it.

Take care,

Bill
Thanks Bill. I checked your links, the science sounds plausible, but my education is physics and engineering and I'm not competent to judge this science. The testimonials are great. I wonder how many of them are people who like you are also invested in the company. That thought has to cross one's mind. Two things, I wish it wasn't so expensive for a sample to try out, and I wish someone fairly expert at inflammation like Dr. Barry Sears would take a look at this a give his evaluation. I read about Fred Couples going to Germany for injections not approved by the FDA which he credited for his pain relief. That was the middle of last year. It's wonderful that he has found a solution for his chronic back pain but unclear what exactly is responsible. That said, thank you for the original post, I had never heard of anatabloc before, it looks very interesting and I will keep my eye on it. I'm 63 with many old injuries and I'd like to stay active for as long as possible.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
William Goldsmith

Profile:

Hi Michael,

I completely understand your reservations. That is why I always recommend that someone perform their own due diligence. Regarding ownership in the company itself, you will find people who purchased the stock and then tried Anatabloc for themselves. You will also find people who have tried Anatabloc then decided to purchase the stock. There are also other reasons why I purchased the stock aside from Anatabloc. But, that has nothing to do with this conversation.

As far as experts go, Johns Hopkins' involvement provides a very high level of credibility for me. The same can be said for the Roskamp Institute. When you have a chance, visit the website for the institute. They are involved in fascinating work. The doctors who head up the institute are heavy hitters in the field of Alzheimers research. (There is ongoing research that shows that anatabine reduces a protein in the brain that plays a role in Alzheimers.)

I have followed Crossfit since 2007. But, I had a couple of injuries along the way that limited my ability to perform certain Crossfit activities. After using the Anatabloc, I am now able to do pretty much everything I was doing before with some limitations but much less pain. In addition, I used to take Claritin and Fluticasone (a nasal steroid) for Chronic Rhinitis which is an enlargement of the turbinates (inflammation related) in your nose which makes it difficult to breathe through your nose. I have not taken either since beginning Anatabloc. I have read stories of the same thing happening for people with sinus issues.

Almost every day, I eat fruits and nuts for breakfast and a salad for lunch with some type of protein. And, I don't take any drugs or supplements lightly. In fact, the only other supplement I take is Vitamin D. So, I did my own due diligence before taking Anatabloc, especially given the cost.

I can only speak to my personal experience and that I am very pleased with the results. When you read the stories of others who have tried it, which also gave me some comfort, there is a significant body of anecdotal evidence that it works. Taken in combination with the research that has already been done and is continuing to grow and expand, I feel comfortable with my decision. But, each person has to decide what is best for them.

Have a great day.

Bill

Last edited by William Goldsmith : 03-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.