CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Cain Papettas

Profile:
The Paleo Gods Frown Upon

Hey guys and gals,

Super simmilar to the last post but really what foods do you add in to your daiilly routine that the church of paleo would frown upon even if your doing a 80/20 or 95/5 what ever the hell it is!!!

All im gonna say i was strict paleo for 3 months all i did was not eat enough calories and missed out on my fav meal (steal cut oats) with honey!

ALSO! A BIG DEAL TO ME IS WHAT EVERYONE HAS TO DRINK IN ALCOHOLIC CONSUMOTION, really who doesnt have a drink here and there, and the following day what do you do? do u train, do u fast do u eat a certain food etc i please your feedback would be awsome!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Christopher G. Woods

Profile:
Re: The Paleo Gods Frown Upon

Two words : Ben & Jerry's

Alcohol = Tequila
Old 03-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Alan Siebuhr

Profile:

Milk, and lots of it. I have been trying to cut back on it lately, though... It proves difficult
BW: #160 BS: #345 DL: #385 C: #255 FS: #300 Press: #155 Jerk: #255 Snatch: #198 C&J: 110kg CFT: 905#
Old 03-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

greek yogurt, whey protein powder, and coffee.

as for alcohol, it should not affect anything the next day. if you are drinking enough that it is regularly having a next day effect on your eating or training, that is not "having a drink here and there". and no, not everyone occasionally has a drink. i know many people who do not.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Jakub Kruhlik

Profile:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html [wfs]
Old 03-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Cain Papettas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
greek yogurt, whey protein powder, and coffee.

as for alcohol, it should not affect anything the next day. if you are drinking enough that it is regularly having a next day effect on your eating or training, that is not "having a drink here and there". and no, not everyone occasionally has a drink. i know many people who do not.
yes your right andrew! i think its absoulutly ace people who dont drink and go out! thats the hardest thing ever talking to drunk people and trying to hold a convo hahah!

as for me im a vodka lime and soda water guy, they really do catch up on you! and i think i go wrong when there is cake around!!

and that leangains.com (wfs) article on alcohol is awsome very very good science to justify and a really interesting read!!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
David Sigmon

Profile:

The owner of the box I go to is an ex navy seal. Obviously, boozing in the military happens and especially those in high stress situations. His group had a doctor come in to explain the negative effects of alcohol not only during consumption but the days after. The doctor stated/proved that after only two drinks (servings) the negative effects of alcohol and the related toxins will affect you for up to two weeks. The statement the doctor made was that you CAN NOT improve your physical fitness for two weeks after a night of over consumption. You CAN maintain, but not improve. I work entirely too hard to not improve daily so I think I'll save the boozing for very special occasions.

Oh, and I have a hard time by passing the oatmeal as well. I love a PWO meal of 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey isolate (chocolate), and 2 tbs of almond butter....mix it all together and mmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
Cain Papettas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sigmon View Post

Oh, and I have a hard time by passing the oatmeal as well. I love a PWO meal of 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey isolate (chocolate), and 2 tbs of almond butter....mix it all together and mmmmmmmmmmm.
David the paleo gods would be mortified!! Haha that sounds ace!! I will be haveing that tomorrow morning!! I also think you would have a fee people who will disagree with doctor on that one david
Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
Scott Walters

Profile:

Disagreeing and being able to prove it are rather different things. I basically do not drink, but I no longer "go out" much either. Drunk morons pretty much just bug me these days!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #10
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain Papettas View Post
and that leangains.com (wfs) article on alcohol is awsome very very good science to justify and a really interesting read!!
Note that the article mostly discusses the (benign) impact of moderate alcohol consumption. If you're hungover on a regular basis, your consumption is not "moderate."

Put another way, what Andrew said. If alcohol impacts your training, drink less of it.

Katherine