CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
Becca Borawski
Affiliate Becca Borawski is offline
 
Becca Borawski's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland  OR
Posts: 1,231
5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200

I always have people asking me about weightlifting shoes and I see threads here all the time, too, so I was really excited when my weightlifting coach, Nick Horton, wrote this article! Great advice and info in here!

5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200
http://breakingmuscle.com/olympic-li...under-200-2012 (wfs)
__________________
Becca Borawski
Managing Editor - www.breakingmuscle.com

www.crossfitla.com -- www.modernathena.com -- www.nerdjockprincess.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Mike Hollister
Member Mike Hollister is offline
 
Mike Hollister's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bellingham  WA
Posts: 372
Re: 5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200

When did he write that? 2 years ago? The adistars he lists are $150 now as they are not the current top end model; in fact, since they are not making them anymore, they may be hard to come by. Plus no Reeboks under crossfit shoes?

Might wanna update the article.
__________________
http://www.templestrong.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Keith Miller
Member Keith Miller is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lewisville  TX
Posts: 638
Re: 5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hollister View Post
When did he write that? 2 years ago? The adistars he lists are $150 now as they are not the current top end model; in fact, since they are not making them anymore, they may be hard to come by. Plus no Reeboks under crossfit shoes?

Might wanna update the article.
He didn't mention the Nike either. Note that he says at the beginning of the article that these are shoes him and his lifters wear. They may not have anyone wearing the Nike or Reebok shoes (especially as the Reebok is so new). Just a thought before you go bashing someone's post/article!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Marco Pineda
Member Marco Pineda is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Geneva  Switzerland
Posts: 100
Re: 5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Borawski View Post
I always have people asking me about weightlifting shoes and I see threads here all the time, too, so I was really excited when my weightlifting coach, Nick Horton, wrote this article! Great advice and info in here!...)
Thanks for the post, Becca. I wish I had seen this two weeks ago. Although I'm happy with my PowerLifts so far.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Mike Hollister
Member Mike Hollister is offline
 
Mike Hollister's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bellingham  WA
Posts: 372
Re: 5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Miller View Post
He didn't mention the Nike either. Note that he says at the beginning of the article that these are shoes him and his lifters wear. They may not have anyone wearing the Nike or Reebok shoes (especially as the Reebok is so new). Just a thought before you go bashing someone's post/article!!
eh some might say bash, my intention was constructive criticism. I must have missed the part about how he was only covering shoes he had experience with.
__________________
http://www.templestrong.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Becca Borawski
Affiliate Becca Borawski is offline
 
Becca Borawski's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland  OR
Posts: 1,231
Re: 5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Pineda View Post
Thanks for the post, Becca. I wish I had seen this two weeks ago. Although I'm happy with my PowerLifts so far.
You're welcome, Marco! GLad you're enjoying the PowerLifts!
__________________
Becca Borawski
Managing Editor - www.breakingmuscle.com

www.crossfitla.com -- www.modernathena.com -- www.nerdjockprincess.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
Steve Wingate
Member Steve Wingate is offline
 
Steve Wingate's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta  GA
Posts: 27
Re: 5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200

I don't think I've ever seen Oly shoes OVER $200.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrestling shoes or weightlifting shoes John Poulos Equipment 3 01-30-2010 08:17 AM
Weightlifting Shoes: What they are, why you need them, and where to get them Tim Donahey Equipment 47 01-03-2010 03:25 PM
In need of weightlifting shoes Zach Mitchell Equipment 1 07-20-2009 10:21 AM
Custom shoes - your logo on Olympic weightlifting shoes Mike Gin Equipment 11 04-30-2009 10:50 AM
Adidas Olympic Weightlifting Shoes--Sizing...etc. Erik Preston Equipment 1 05-17-2006 07:45 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.