CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 10-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Michael E Tancini

Profile:
Cindy question?

What is a good score for "Cindy" when scaling the Push ups up to hand release Push ups?

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Mauricio Leal

Profile:
Re: Cindy question?

Good is very relative. A 15 round Cindy is "good" in my book, and that is about the average score posted on beyondthewhiteboard (wfs). But, most of the people posting there are presumably athletes with something to brag about. More likely a 10-12 round Cindy is nominal for the average CFer with some experience kipping and doing WODs more generally, which is to say nothing of the average person off the street who would struggle to get 5-7 rounds, and that's of people who can ostensibly do a single round prescribed (no band pull-ups).

In Cindy, assuming the athlete is capable of doing multiple rounds of 5 kipping pull-ups (which is fairly easy to do if you can do a max of 15+ kipping pull-ups), the push-ups are the limiting factor for most adept athletes without hand release, and with hand release I could imagine it slowing you down a lot. Probably not more than 50%, but up to that much depending on how relatively weak the person's push-ups are to begin with. Short answer: 10+ rounds with hand release is "good," 20+ would be phenomenal.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Michael E Tancini

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio Leal View Post
Good is very relative. A 15 round Cindy is "good" in my book, and that is about the average score posted on beyondthewhiteboard (wfs). But, most of the people posting there are presumably athletes with something to brag about. More likely a 10-12 round Cindy is nominal for the average CFer with some experience kipping and doing WODs more generally, which is to say nothing of the average person off the street who would struggle to get 5-7 rounds, and that's of people who can ostensibly do a single round prescribed (no band pull-ups).

In Cindy, assuming the athlete is capable of doing multiple rounds of 5 kipping pull-ups (which is fairly easy to do if you can do a max of 15+ kipping pull-ups), the push-ups are the limiting factor for most adept athletes without hand release, and with hand release I could imagine it slowing you down a lot. Probably not more than 50%, but up to that much depending on how relatively weak the person's push-ups are to begin with. Short answer: 10+ rounds with hand release is "good," 20+ would be phenomenal.
Thanks, for the response, I Did cindy today after my strength workout and Scaled up the push ups to hand release and finished at 20 even. Thats why I was wondering. And i honestly feel I could have speed up a little more by cutting down the number of times I went for water/chalk and if I had a more efficient way of recording my rounds. After i was done I debated going and doing it again.

Last edited by Michael E Tancini : 10-22-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Dave Traeger

Profile:

Generally if you feel like doing another wod after cindy you didn't do it right
Old 10-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #5
Eric R Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael E Tancini View Post
And i honestly feel I could have speed up a little more by cutting down the number of times I went for water/chalk and if I had a more efficient way of recording my rounds.
Sounds pretty impressive. Stop with the water breaks. This workout is for time. If you are well hydrated, you can go 20 minutes without water. The water won't help your performance, and like the earlier post, if you feel like doing it again, you didn't do it right. It's all out for 20 minutes.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Michael E Tancini

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric R Cohen View Post
Sounds pretty impressive. Stop with the water breaks. This workout is for time. If you are well hydrated, you can go 20 minutes without water. The water won't help your performance, and like the earlier post, if you feel like doing it again, you didn't do it right. It's all out for 20 minutes.
Water breaks as in a sip of water while i re-chalked. Dont get me wrong I was tired afterwards. And after looking back on the wod at places where I could have sped things ups it made me want to do it again bc I knew I could be more efficient.