CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
David Baxter
Member David Baxter is offline
 
David Baxter's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth  West Australia
Posts: 217
Re: Josh Bridges

I'm not say its a knock MATE !!!
__________________
You have to discipline yourself, and through this discipline will come some level of achievement, and from this achievement will come your pride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #12
Eric Montgomery
Member Eric Montgomery is offline
 
Eric Montgomery's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 7,413
Re: Josh Bridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
I'm not say its a knock MATE !!!
Ah ok, misunderstood your tone over the computer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
David Baxter
Member David Baxter is offline
 
David Baxter's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth  West Australia
Posts: 217
Re: Josh Bridges

all cool mate -
__________________
You have to discipline yourself, and through this discipline will come some level of achievement, and from this achievement will come your pride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #14
Boris Lau
Member Boris Lau is offline
 
Boris Lau's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Durham  NC
Posts: 135
Re: Josh Bridges

I'd love to see more on Bridges as well. Sevan seems to be very selective with who he interviews...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #15
Nick Hoffman
Member Nick Hoffman is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver  WA
Posts: 421
Re: Josh Bridges

I'm surprised he'd wanna be in the public eye, with opsec and what-not.
__________________
I know it's a good workout when blood vessels in the back of my eyeballs POP! No agony, no bragony! Am I right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #16
Dave Traeger
Banned Dave Traeger is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Perth  WA Australia
Posts: 1,810
Re: Josh Bridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Lau View Post
I'd love to see more on Bridges as well. Sevan seems to be very selective with who he interviews...
No he's just lucky to get what he can get.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #17
Dustin Standel
Member Dustin Standel is offline
 
Dustin Standel's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Groton  CT
Posts: 831
Re: Josh Bridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hoffman View Post
I'm surprised he'd wanna be in the public eye, with opsec and what-not.
Has nothing to do with OPSEC.

OPSEC would only be violated if it became disclosed what his units operational commitments were, deployment schedules, training schedules, or abilities were. If competing in athletic events compromised OPSEC or acknowledgement of a specific rating or MOS in the military violated OPSEC, military members couldn't compete in local 5Ks.

Discussing how a competitor blends the demands of CF training with military PT - especially high volume such as with an SF guy, obstacles to proper nutrition in a military setting and how an elite athlete overcomes these hurdles without overtraining/under-resting is not only appropriate, but gives others in the military increased knowledge to improve the forces across the board. IMHO. Either way - not an OPSEC violation.
__________________
My Workout Log Box Jump-36"; Deadlift-335; Clean and Jerk-150; Split Jerk-155; Weighted Pullup-20; Squat-245; Press-140; Bench-210; 3RM Thruster-145; DT 22:43 (105#)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #18
Dustin Standel
Member Dustin Standel is offline
 
Dustin Standel's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Groton  CT
Posts: 831
Re: Josh Bridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Traeger View Post
No he's just lucky to get what he can get.
Yep. I definitely wouldn't want to be interviewed until after a competition - distracts from the focus of what I need to do when I hit the field the next time.
__________________
My Workout Log Box Jump-36"; Deadlift-335; Clean and Jerk-150; Split Jerk-155; Weighted Pullup-20; Squat-245; Press-140; Bench-210; 3RM Thruster-145; DT 22:43 (105#)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #19
Matthew Swartz
Member Matthew Swartz is offline
 
Matthew Swartz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Centreville  VA
Posts: 1,204
Re: Josh Bridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Standel View Post
Has nothing to do with OPSEC.

OPSEC would only be violated if it became disclosed what his units operational commitments were, deployment schedules, training schedules, or abilities were. If competing in athletic events compromised OPSEC or acknowledgement of a specific rating or MOS in the military violated OPSEC, military members couldn't compete in local 5Ks.

Discussing how a competitor blends the demands of CF training with military PT - especially high volume such as with an SF guy, obstacles to proper nutrition in a military setting and how an elite athlete overcomes these hurdles without overtraining/under-resting is not only appropriate, but gives others in the military increased knowledge to improve the forces across the board. IMHO. Either way - not an OPSEC violation.

OPSEC = OPERATIONS security. Crossfit is not a Navy Seal operation as far as I know...
__________________
"If your goal is to get stronger, stop counting and start eating, as you are wasting valuable time that could be put into food prep or the consuming of calories."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #20
Ryan Jones
Member Ryan Jones is offline
 
Ryan Jones's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Beach  CA
Posts: 527
Re: Josh Bridges

Pretty sure I heard at the games that Josh was an active duty seal on leave for the games. But for the life of me I can't remember where I heard this so I can't comment on it's credibility. I want to say one of the announcers said it at some point, maybe when announcing the competitors in the finals?
__________________
my crossfit turned SS log
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Josh Road to Awesomeness Joshua Kennedy Workout Logs 3 01-20-2011 09:55 AM
Josh Everett's workouts? Eric R Cohen Fitness 7 11-05-2008 02:51 PM
Building bridges Frank DiMeo Community 2 03-22-2007 03:50 PM
ATTN: Josh Everett Kurt Ronald Mueller Fitness 16 03-09-2006 11:25 AM
Josh everett!!! Mike Burgener Community 8 04-14-2005 12:36 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.