CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
William Palmer

Profile:
Re: Military TA and Level 1 Trainer Cert. course...

Looks like this has fallen by the wayside a bit, but a buddy of mine told me to looking at the GI Bill, to see if I can get it paid that way. Will let you know what I find.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
Eric J Leon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Horstman View Post
for the last 2 months before we deployed, my platoon did bodyweight crossfit stuff. it was awesome. no matter how much i offered, i couldnt get my 1sg or co to come do pt with us lol
Good luck getting the older types to drink the koolaid. They typically have the most to gain and the least willpower to try something new.

I've never mentioned the word CrossFit to my platoon but I've had them do the following recently

5 x Max HSPUs (scales were facing wall and feet elevated on cinderblocks)
3x300yard sprint, 50yds and turn back, was done in squads, 5min rest between

The platoon REALLY like that one but a couple of older types thought HSPUs were a sure way to hurt yourself.

Another I did was give each squad a pile of cinder blocks and they had to overhead lunge them across a field. Once more the older NCOs stood with their arms crossed. They didn't believe they could do it.

William - At the moment I'm pretty sure you can't use your GI bill for your L1. It's not considered an accredited degree or vocational program.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
Cortney Cortes

Profile:

I don't know about TA, but I just emailed, CF HQ and you cannot pay for the CF Level 1 with your GI Bill. They do however offer a discount. You have to contact seminars@crossfit.com and tell them what course and when and they will email you a discount code.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Brandon Charleson

Profile:

Cortney is 100% right. I tried to go through the chain to have my Level 1 cert paid for my military TA or other means and wasn't able to do so. It's because of the accreditation.

I did get the discount however and just paid out of pocket. The other way to have command/military pay for it is your CO can allocate funds to have it paid for if you're the fitness monitor of some sort.

Good luck!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
Desiree Fedler

Profile:

Wow I totally forgot about this thread I posted lol... my bad.. you guys are awesome!! This is Great Info!!! I actually am registering for a level 1 in june im excited!! Hope everything worked out for all you guys... unfortunatly no the GI Bill was no help or any other TA method.. but CFHQ is amazing giving the military discount!!