CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Chante Dunn
Member Chante Dunn is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hailey  ID
Posts: 3
Snack Bars

Ok, I have recently started the Paleo diet. I have a hard time when it comes to snack meals. I really like the KIND bars & Larabar but does anyone know which is actually better for me to eat? They both seem good & taste really yummy. So I need some input.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
Rebecca Roth
Member Rebecca Roth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Saint Louis  MO
Posts: 2,048
Re: Snack Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chante Dunn View Post
Ok, I have recently started the Paleo diet. I have a hard time when it comes to snack meals. I really like the KIND bars & Larabar but does anyone know which is actually better for me to eat? They both seem good & taste really yummy. So I need some input.
Totally depends on how strict you are being and how much you care about the diet intentions. Kind bars contain both rice and added sweetners, which are discouraged by paleo, Lara Bars do not. Most Lara Bars (except those with peanuts) are completely paleo in content, however they are made from dates which are pure sugar/carb, so if you are early in your paleo challenge, probably not a great idea to have them on any sort of regular basis.
__________________
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Steve Liberati
Affiliate Steve Liberati is offline
 
Steve Liberati's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pennsauken  NJ
Posts: 1,649
Re: Snack Bars

Shameless plug for PaleoKrunch bars. Proceeds benefit Steve's Club National Program to bring CrossFit to at-risk youth.

Hopefully a customer can chime in and vouch for them so I don't come off looking like a desperate salesman here!

You can buy them HERE (work and family safe).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Dan Schaal
Member Dan Schaal is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fairfax  VA
Posts: 55
Re: Snack Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Liberati View Post
Shameless plug for PaleoKrunch bars. Proceeds benefit Steve's Club National Program to bring CrossFit to at-risk youth.

Hopefully a customer can chime in and vouch for them so I don't come off looking like a desperate salesman here!

You can buy them HERE (work and family safe).

I got ya Steve! thumbs up for the PaleoKrunch bars. I got some two weeks ago. they are great!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Chante Dunn
Member Chante Dunn is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hailey  ID
Posts: 3
Re: Snack Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Totally depends on how strict you are being and how much you care about the diet intentions. Kind bars contain both rice and added sweetners, which are discouraged by paleo, Lara Bars do not. Most Lara Bars (except those with peanuts) are completely paleo in content, however they are made from dates which are pure sugar/carb, so if you are early in your paleo challenge, probably not a great idea to have them on any sort of regular basis.
Thanks for the input. I am just starting out so I will try to stay away from both.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Chante Dunn
Member Chante Dunn is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hailey  ID
Posts: 3
Re: Snack Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Liberati View Post
Shameless plug for PaleoKrunch bars. Proceeds benefit Steve's Club National Program to bring CrossFit to at-risk youth.

Hopefully a customer can chime in and vouch for them so I don't come off looking like a desperate salesman here!

You can buy them HERE (work and family safe).
The CrossFit I am at (5b CrossFit) has your food kits so I will have to try some of the Krunch bars. They look really good from the picture
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snack bars Mitch Jensen Nutrition 22 12-03-2010 09:34 AM
Pull up bars/Dip bars Lee Poston Equipment 5 09-19-2009 05:30 PM
Questions for Fabricating Dip Bars & Pull Up Bars David Stout Equipment 7 06-08-2007 07:23 AM
Home made snack bars Nick Cruz Nutrition 7 03-26-2007 08:20 AM
Zone perfect snack bars Allan Bulkley Nutrition 10 11-27-2005 05:10 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.