CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Chante Dunn

Profile:
Snack Bars

Ok, I have recently started the Paleo diet. I have a hard time when it comes to snack meals. I really like the KIND bars & Larabar but does anyone know which is actually better for me to eat? They both seem good & taste really yummy. So I need some input.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: Snack Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chante Dunn View Post
Ok, I have recently started the Paleo diet. I have a hard time when it comes to snack meals. I really like the KIND bars & Larabar but does anyone know which is actually better for me to eat? They both seem good & taste really yummy. So I need some input.
Totally depends on how strict you are being and how much you care about the diet intentions. Kind bars contain both rice and added sweetners, which are discouraged by paleo, Lara Bars do not. Most Lara Bars (except those with peanuts) are completely paleo in content, however they are made from dates which are pure sugar/carb, so if you are early in your paleo challenge, probably not a great idea to have them on any sort of regular basis.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Steve Liberati

Profile:

Shameless plug for PaleoKrunch bars. Proceeds benefit Steve's Club National Program to bring CrossFit to at-risk youth.

Hopefully a customer can chime in and vouch for them so I don't come off looking like a desperate salesman here!

You can buy them HERE (work and family safe).
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Dan Schaal

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Liberati View Post
Shameless plug for PaleoKrunch bars. Proceeds benefit Steve's Club National Program to bring CrossFit to at-risk youth.

Hopefully a customer can chime in and vouch for them so I don't come off looking like a desperate salesman here!

I got ya Steve! thumbs up for the PaleoKrunch bars. I got some two weeks ago. they are great!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Chante Dunn

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Totally depends on how strict you are being and how much you care about the diet intentions. Kind bars contain both rice and added sweetners, which are discouraged by paleo, Lara Bars do not. Most Lara Bars (except those with peanuts) are completely paleo in content, however they are made from dates which are pure sugar/carb, so if you are early in your paleo challenge, probably not a great idea to have them on any sort of regular basis.
Thanks for the input. I am just starting out so I will try to stay away from both.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Chante Dunn

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Liberati View Post

The CrossFit I am at (5b CrossFit) has your food kits so I will have to try some of the Krunch bars. They look really good from the picture