CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Games Location.

Just had a thought. Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Does anyone else think it would be cool if the location of the games was always different? I mean the games do claim to crown the WORLD's fittest athlete so why not turn it into a world event? A lot of other tournaments do this. The Olympics, World Cup, Superbowl (only around America), etc. Granted these competitions have leaps and bounds more money than Crossfit does, but the WSM does it as well. I dunno. I just think it would be neat to see the games in Tahoe one year, then Iceland the next, Canada, Australia, wherever. Anyone else?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Games Location.

I think it would have to be more of an established, mainstream event for that to work. Plus there's value of keeping something in one place long-term especially if it's not a big-time sport in terms of attendance or TV ratings...look at college baseball and Omaha.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
CJ Kim

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
Just had a thought. Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Does anyone else think it would be cool if the location of the games was always different? I mean the games do claim to crown the WORLD's fittest athlete so why not turn it into a world event? A lot of other tournaments do this. The Olympics, World Cup, Superbowl (only around America), etc. Granted these competitions have leaps and bounds more money than Crossfit does, but the WSM does it as well. I dunno. I just think it would be neat to see the games in Tahoe one year, then Iceland the next, Canada, Australia, wherever. Anyone else?
That would be awesome. And we could keep the exact location secret until 24 hours before, that way the first event would be just getting there. Unknown and unknowable.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Kim View Post
That would be awesome. And we could keep the exact location secret until 24 hours before, that way the first event would be just getting there. Unknown and unknowable.
That's called The Amazing Race.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Hmm...could the Amazing Race winner(s) have a legit claim to world's fittest? But I guess they would be considered an affiliate team.