CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Phillip Kerr

Profile:
First time Fran :O

So little of my background I've been doing CrossFit for around 2 months now and I am absolutely in LOVE with it. That feeling after the day's WOD where your flat on your back gasping for air is just so addictive for some reason. Anyways I just did Fran for the first time today at my gym as prescribed and I did it in 9:31. What would be a "decent" time first time around? I'm just curious trying to gage my progression because two months ago this probably would've taken way longer. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Dave Traeger

Profile:
Re: First time Fran :O

If you've been crossfitting for 2 months, doing Fran as prescribed regardless of time is awesome I'd say!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: First time Fran :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Kerr View Post
So little of my background I've been doing CrossFit for around 2 months now and I am absolutely in LOVE with it. That feeling after the day's WOD where your flat on your back gasping for air is just so addictive for some reason. Anyways I just did Fran for the first time today at my gym as prescribed and I did it in 9:31. What would be a "decent" time first time around? I'm just curious trying to gage my progression because two months ago this probably would've taken way longer. Thanks!
Just doing it Rx is excellent! Typically 10 minutes is about the limit for a proper fran, if its going to take longer than that should be scaled, so you are at a good place for a first Rx fran. The usual respectable time your average crossfitter is going for is 5 minutes, and if you want to be truly elite 3 minutes is the mark to beat.