CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:
my company name has "primal" in it... logo ideas?

I wanted to incorporate a simple object that was relevant to the word "primal" like the I or L being shaped like a spear or something.. it doesn't have to be a letter but I want to incorporate some kind of icon or simple object into the logo.. any ideas?
Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Kevin Shaughnessy

Profile:
Re: my company name has "primal" in it... logo ideas?

A neanderthal standing triumphantly over the corpse of his slain enemy, severed head in hand!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Paul Shortt

Profile:

I'd 3D it, so it looks like it was carved, into wood or rock, and then use a child handwriting like font, all lower case..
Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Craig Rogers

Profile:

So what is the company name and what do they do? That would help a little.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

cool suggestions guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Rogers View Post
So what is the company name and what do they do? That would help a little.
It's a personal training business. I'm leaving the globo and going solo.. Going to be training out of a co-op.. Since I'm "crossfit-ish" and will be getting cf certed soon, I won't need all the equipment and machines that most other personal trainers need so I hopefully will be able to rent out a little space on my own soon.

Anyway, I dont necessarily want people to think of cavemen... I want them to think primal in the sense that working w/me will unleash their inner beast.... their inner human that's been supressed while theyve been sitting at a desk all day.

I was thinking of incorporating a woman's mouth snarling or yelling or something..

But at the same time, I dont want to detract people who might think that all im about is heavy lifting that will get them "bulky".. unfortunately, If I wawnt any success, I've got to somehow target these people.. once I get em in and start working w/them, they'll be fine w/strength training and stuff
Old 10-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
Dmitriy Zavyalov

Profile:

Here is a suggestion that may lead to a logo/design, etc.

1. Pick a small prize or something that you can bestow upon someone who comes up with the winning logo (could be CF related) and announce it here.
2. Set a time window for design submissions, as well as a place for them to be submitted to.
3. Review submitted work.
4. Announce winner and winning logo.
5. Award small prize.

With quite a few members on this site, there have to be some that are well-versed in graphic design and are willing to help a brotha out. Just a suggestion.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Craig Rogers

Profile:

How about a caveman with a barbel over his head like a spear, over the word Primal shaped like a fallen mamoth or some other pre-historic creature.
I suck at drawing though.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy Zavyalov View Post
With quite a few members on this site, there have to be some that are well-versed in graphic design and are willing to help a brotha out. Just a suggestion.
Yes, I am one of them. lol... I actually studied graphic design which helps me because I've don't have to pay someone else for things like logo design, business cards, promo items etc.. I just wanted some conceptual ideas, as far as the actual dirty work, I can do that.. good suggestion though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Rogers View Post
How about a caveman with a barbel over his head like a spear, over the word Primal shaped like a fallen mamoth or some other pre-historic creature.
I suck at drawing though.
Yeah see that would look cool as hell but I'm thinking "primal" less in the caveman sense and more in a "unleash your inner beast" kinda thing.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
Dmitriy Zavyalov

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai View Post
Yes, I am one of them. lol... I actually studied graphic design which helps me because I've don't have to pay someone else for things like logo design, business cards, promo items etc.. I just wanted some conceptual ideas, as far as the actual dirty work, I can do that.. good suggestion though..

Yeah see that would look cool as hell but I'm thinking "primal" less in the caveman sense and more in a "unleash your inner beast" kinda thing.
If you want to keep it more on the "unleash the inner beast" topic you could always do an outline of a person with some sort of primal type thing bursting out or living inside so to speak. Could be the caveman, dinosaur, etc. I ll think about it and if I get any bright ideas I ll post em up. Good luck in the search.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
Dmitriy Zavyalov

Profile:

Just a rough sketch from a couple pics I found online. Disregard the writing over the top, came with the original pic. Too evil?
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture1.png (212.4 KB, 120 views)