CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Kris Saville

Profile:
Dimensions for making your own jump boxes??

Hi, trying to kit out my own box and thought out best economical way doing it. Tried the parallette blueprint and for some reason english pipes seem to be extremely flimsy... Anyway wanted to know if anyone has plans or blueprints or had experience in making varying heights for jump boxes. 12", 24" 36" 48" etc...
Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
Darla Powell

Profile:
Re: Dimensions for making your own jump boxes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Saville View Post
Hi, trying to kit out my own box and thought out best economical way doing it. Tried the parallette blueprint and for some reason english pipes seem to be extremely flimsy... Anyway wanted to know if anyone has plans or blueprints or had experience in making varying heights for jump boxes. 12", 24" 36" 48" etc...
Check out the Games box from Rogue

Rogue Games Box wfs
Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Saville View Post
this is probably the best how to floating around for plyo boxes - DIY plyo box PDF (WFS)
Old 08-20-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
Mike Armento

Profile:

I just made three 12" boxes and three 18" boxes out of three pieces of 3/4"plywood. Its was cheap,easy and they are solid! You will need the plywood, a box of 2" course thread drywall screws, circular saw with a finishing blade,drill with small wood bit( to drill pilot holes for the screws),t-square,measuring tape,something to measure angles,fine tip marker and a pencil.

Pick the size of box you want, they all are built the same way but the difference will be in the size of the platform on top. The less height/the bigger the top piece.This will be for an 18" box. Using the t-square and pencil mark out an 18"square on the wood then cut it with the circular saw.Do this one at a time but make 4 squares. Drawing all of the squares then cutting will throw your measurements off. Once cut, take a board and mark at 22" on one side of it. It is from there and the corner that you will make a 10 degree line to the "top" of the board.After the lines are drawn cut again with the saw. Do this to two of the boards. They will be trapezoid shaped with 10 degree angles when done. Next, do the exact same thing to the other two boards but instead of marking at 22" , mark at 20 5/8".

Take one 22" and one 20 5/8" , form corner together with the bigger on the outside, drill pilot holes and screw in screws.I found it easier to do one pilot hole at a time otherwise the holes just wont line up the same.Do this the whole way around to make the box putting 4 or 5 screws in each corner. You should have 4 solid walls when your done. Next, measure top of box,with 18" sides the top should be around 16" by 16". Cut the top from your plywood and place on box. If there is a lip overlapping at all just run a pencil underneath to mark and re-cut it. Drill pilot holes and screw in using 12 screws. I did this last week and used these a few times already. Like I said mine are solid and I saved a bunch of money.Hope this helps.If you have a question post it and i'll get back to you.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Kris Saville

Profile:

thanks guys you're ace!!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Aaron Cawley

Profile:

i have sold about 170 plyo boxes in texas to affiliates, individuals and diferent organizations. pictured are the 12",18",24" and 30" box. feel free to contact me about dimensions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0261.jpg
Views:	5304
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	6840