CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
Mike Voyles

Profile:
CrossFit in Louisville, KY

Been CrossFitting for six months. Will be moving to Louisville, KY in early June. I stick to WODs and have been zoning pretty consistenly for the past 2 months. Looking for a box, or just group of CF people, who get after it!!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Slater Coe

Profile:
Re: CrossFit in Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Voyles View Post
Been CrossFitting for six months. Will be moving to Louisville, KY in early June. I stick to WODs and have been zoning pretty consistenly for the past 2 months. Looking for a box, or just group of CF people, who get after it!!
Mike, I workout with a guy (Ben Carter) who's opening his own box in Downtown Louisville within the next few weeks... the box will be in the Sign-A-Rama shopping center on Market St. Currently, he, myself (Slater Coe), Shane Moseley, and Brad Miles (we all have wod logs on here too) also workout at the Urban Active gym on Preston Highway... there's a handful of CF'ers in Louisville but nothing too organized yet... I've worn my CF shirts and hoodies around town and occassionally get stopped by people saying they've heard of it, or have tried it, or whatever... basically, CF is only done in the corner of a few local globo-gyms... Ben hopes to change that... and I think he has the perfect-sized box to do it. Write back or email me if you want more details. Ditto for any others who come across this thread.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
Slater Coe

Profile:

one more thing... here's Ben's website (still under construction):

Derby City CrossFit
www.dccrossfit.com
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
Mike Voyles

Profile:

Slater,

Thanks for the reply. I got an email from Anne Bogel (I don't know her, don't know if you do) responding to my post too. She mentioned that Ben Carter was getting a box up and gave me the link to dcCrossFit. So, I've been to the link and I'm really looking forward to getting up there. I'm in Murray, KY right now and have couple buddies here CFing, and a few more at an affliate in Paducah, KY called GoPerformance. Scott Greene is a Level 1 guy there, and a good friend of mine.

Same deal w/ me down here... I'll wear a t-shirt out and get a few questions. Or, I'll be WODing at our on campus gym and people are looking at me like "what the hell is this dude doing??" So, I'm looking forward to finding a box to get in.

thanks again for the info, and I'll be in touch.