CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 04-13-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
Michael Bell

Profile:
CF Named WOD Standards

In an effort to see how my times stacked up to others in regard to the named WODs, I tried filling in the missing pieces and exercises on the original template.

I first used the CF Portland skill standards (found below), then I looked at the rankings in logsitall.com to get some raw data.

I noticed that most of my times/skills were between the intermediate and advanced levels in the skill standards, so I also projected some times based on that.

I'd like some feedback on the completed file. If some numbers are way off, which may be the case, that would be great to know. It would be great if Bill Patton might chime in on this as well as I know he's made graphs of CF WOD times. My calculations are based more on anecdotal evidence than graph curves / standard deviations.

Thanks in advance.

-Note: the CF Named WOD file has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by CrossFit. It was made by an individual for individual purposes. The times are purely rule of thumb and not strict standards. Both files are WFS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cf-pdx-skills-12.pdf (225.5 KB, 2420 views)
File Type: email CF Named WOD Standards.xls (37.5 KB, 6098 views)
Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #2
Bert Brams

Profile:
Re: CF Named WOD Standards

Simply awesome. Thanks a lot Michael, these are great, I'm implementing my times right now.
100m sprint: 10:97 - BW:165 My now or never log
Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Zach Miller

Profile:

Thanks a lot. This list is much more inclusive and I agree with most of the times. However, sub-4 Elizabeth for elite? Really? I think I've only ever heard of one person going sub-4, but that can't be confirmed. In my opinion, it would be much easier to get a sub-3 grace than a sub-4 Elizabeth.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
Michael Bell

Profile:

thanks for the input Zach. The sub 4 min Elizabeth was the time on the original template I downloaded, so I just kept it there. I'm going to make a few changes after some more people take a look at it and reply. Then I'll put an updated copy of it in this thread.

BTW, the times are for men. (Sorry ladies )
Old 04-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
Joseph Scott

Profile:

This is simply awesome, I don't see why the times should change based on gender...maybe the scale?

Speaking of which is there a simliar collection of all the named WODs with the BIG DAWG, PACK, PUPPIES scaling?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
Michael Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Scott View Post
This is simply awesome, I don't see why the times should change based on gender...maybe the scale?

Speaking of which is there a simliar collection of all the named WODs with the BIG DAWG, PACK, PUPPIES scaling?
There's no similar collection that I know of. However, if the WODs are scaled (weight or reps) down to the pack or puppies level it puts you for the most part into the well-rounded beginner column. And there's nothing wrong with that... proper technique, consistency, and then intensity is the right way to go. An "elite buttercup" does have a nice ring to it though.

Gender, on the other hand, would change the times. If you take a look at the CF Portland skills list above, for example, the Baseline workout has different times for male and female athletes.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
Bill Patton

Profile:

michael - really nice work! I've got a scheme that i'd like to share with you for making this type of analysis more automatic - if you have a sec drop me a line at wkpatton@aol.com

sorry for the delay in replying - i've been slammed! with getting the new logsitall up and running.

-bp
Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
Jae Chung

Profile:

Thank you so much for making this!

I think I'm missing something. What does the "Baseline M=6:15 W=7:30" and so forth mean at the top of each level on the .pdf?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #9
Michael Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Chung View Post
Thank you so much for making this!

I think I'm missing something. What does the "Baseline M=6:15 W=7:30" and so forth mean at the top of each level on the .pdf?
It's the times for men and women on the Baseline workout, which is on the "others" category of the WOD Standards excel file.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #10
Katrina A. Burton

Profile:

I sort of disagree with the "Annie" time you have on there.
An elite athlete should be able to do that one in 5-5:30. Speal has a 4:10 or something like that, OPT has less that 5:00, Bionic has a 5:13, and in my gym alone there would be over 20 people who would be considered "elite" on that workout if the standard is 7 min. I would say more like 5:30 would be elite and 7 min advanced.
Other than that it looks good!