CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
Kevin Cox

Profile:
Re: 100 Burpee Challenge

the burpees dont have to be done consecutively. So if you wanted it you could do 1 burpee everytime you walk through a doorway or something so you wont feel like you have worked out... i am currently on day 91. i do my WOD's 1st thing in the am. I then do my burpees as soon as i get home after work. Up until about day 60 i would do them throughout the day at work then i split my pants and figured better wait till i get to avoid embarassement. I had dream/nightmare one night i was doing burpees i woke my wife up. ahahha. only 10 more days including today because i havent done my 91 yet. Only 955 more burpees to go yeah. Also day zero we timed to see how fast we could do 100 it took me like 11:09. On day 81 or 82 i timed myself again on 100 burpees it took me 8:05. Gald to see substantial improvement but i cant wait for this to be over.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
Christy Warren

Profile:

whew. I am only on day 15 and I am already a tiny bit sick of burpees. And I have a looooong way to go. But I am going to stick with it for sure! It actually is pretty cool.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #23
Thomas Wozencraft

Profile:

Christy, I think you will find this challange adds trememdous confidence to any burpee laidened WOD once you've completed it. I had a WOD the other day that had 150 in it, and now I think "no big deal, Done it before, do it again". Whereas before the challange I was thinking, OMG!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #24
Christy Warren

Profile:

I just finished day 20 and can't believe how much my burpees have improved already. I actually surprised myself.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #25
Jason Lin

Profile:

Did anyone check out the WOD video (deadlift - burpee) from today.

So that's how you are supposed to do a burpee, huh ...
Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #26
Kevin Cox

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lin View Post
Did anyone check out the WOD video (deadlift - burpee) from today.

So that's how you are supposed to do a burpee, huh ...
i saw that and i wondered if that is what i look like when i do a burpee? my wife said no..
Old 04-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #27
Jason Sutfin

Profile:

I did the 100 day challenge from 1/1 to 4/10. It was a looong 100 days, but I'm really glad I did it! If burpees were part of the WOD, I'd count them as my total. I really tried to shake up how I did them...
  • sometimes I'd add burpees to the WOD (ex: for "Cindy" I added a set of 5 burpees each round)
  • maybe a day of tabata burpees (20 seconds on:10 seconds off)
  • do sets of 10 burpees as fast as possible with a couple minutes of rest b/t sets (I'd time each set to see if I could keep pace)
  • some days I go slowly and methodically
  • if I had a WOD that had a lot of pullups or dips, I'd do some burpees each time a let go of the bar.
From about day 60 on, it didn't seem like it got too much harder as the numbers grew, but my legs almost always felt tired. It was just a matter of finding the time to get them done. On rest days, I'd be more likely to try and spread the burpees out throughout the day and try to rest as much as possible.

Good luck!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #28
Christy Warren

Profile:

So I have a rules question. Today's WOD has 150 burpees in it. I am on day 32 of my burpee challenge. I know I can use 32 of those burpees towards my challenge for today. But can I use the the remaining 118 towards my burpee total? On days 44-48 I will be at hockey camp and I want everything to be well rested. If hockey camp was about getting in shape then I would be more than up for doing the burpees during it. But this isn't a get in shape camp it is improve your skills camp - which won't happen if I am fatigued. So I was wondering what anyone out there thought about applying those 118 burpees towards my hockey camp days. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #29
Jason Sutfin

Profile:

Christy...Don't "bank" any for use as a later date's burpee requirement. That's a clear violation of the Code and the Burpee Police will issue a citation!

If it were me and I'd gotten that far along, I'd stick with the 100 day plan and make up days 44-48 during the days immediately following camp (44+45+46+47+48=you owe yourself 230 burpees beginning on Day 49).

Having said that, the thought of adding 230 burpees would make me seriously consider knocking out at least a few burpees during camp to reduce that number. The farther you get along in the challenge, the less you want to fall behind!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
Steven Ngo

Profile:

on day 25 of the challenge, someone pointed out that:
-25% of the days done
-325 total burpees; only 6.4% of the total number that will be done by the end of the 100 days (5050 total).
-50% of total burpees won't be reached until day 71

enjoy!