CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
Remco Heerdink

Profile:
Re: 100 Burpee Challenge

I'm just wondering, are you doing the regular WOD's along with this challenge? Once you get in the higher numbers it almost starts to become a WOD in and of itself...
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #12
Thomas Wozencraft

Profile:

The way I saw it was yes, you still must do the WOD's. That's why I did my Burpee Challange early in the morning by themselves. That way I had them behind me when I went to the WOD after work. Now the rules say you can count the burpees that are in the WOD as a part of the challange. But I never did. I treated the challange as a separate workout.

Another thing I did. When I was in the 80's and I saw a heavy burpee count in the WOD for the day, I substituted either the entire WOD for one without burpees (because I did them in the morning) or sub'd the burpee part. This percipitated from one day when I was in the 50's I did my morning burpees, not looking to see the WOD for the day, found I had 120 burpees staring at me that afternoon. By the end of the day, I was sick of them. Hope this helps. As I said in an earlier post, the further you get through this, the easier they become.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #13
Michael R Smith

Profile:

100 Burpee Challenge = awesome! I am starting it today. I don't have a problem with doing a 100 burpees, but hopefully I get the time down.

If I keep adding exercises to my day (cardio, CrossFit, normal lift, burpee challenge, etc.), I am going to have to quit my job and leave my girlfriend just so that I can work out.

...tempting
Old 04-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
Christy Warren

Profile:

Remco, I don't do the 3 on 1 off cuz I find it ruins me. I don't know if I am old or what but I can only sustain the 3 on 1 off for about 3 rounds. So I usually do 2 on 1 off or 2 on 2 off. I do the WOD with insane intensity - also I play a lot of hockey. So - to answer your question - I am doing the Burpee challenge in addition to my WODs and Hockey. So far I am only on day 7 - so far hasn't been too much!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #15
Karl Steeves

Profile:

So the 100 burpee challenge is 100 straight days of working out with no rest? Isn't that counter productive since the body needs rest? I know doing 20 burpees isn't all that difficult, but once you hit 65+ it becomes a workout on it's own. So are you supposed to go 100 days with no rest day or suffer and double up every 4 days to take a needed rest?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
Louis Hayes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Steeves View Post
So the 100 burpee challenge is 100 straight days of working out with no rest? Isn't that counter productive since the body needs rest? I know doing 20 burpees isn't all that difficult, but once you hit 65+ it becomes a workout on it's own. So are you supposed to go 100 days with no rest day or suffer and double up every 4 days to take a needed rest?
Lots of different strategies out there. My strategy was to not miss any days and have to make up burpees the next day. I missed 2 days out of 100 (in the 40s and in the 60s). One was because I ran a half marathon, and the other was because of a 10hr adventure race. I was so hoping an AR mystery event was going to be 60 burpees

I knew of some who doubled-up every 4th or 5th day as you suggest. By the way, did I say it sucked? And in the words of my racing parter, "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it."

Last edited by Louis Hayes : 04-11-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: wrong numbers
Old 04-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
Karl Steeves

Profile:

I imagine this would suck (double for those like me who loathe burpees) but working out for 100 straight days seems counter productive, and that's why I was asking how rest days are supposed to be worked in. I mean it wouldn't really matter until 2 months in (when you start doing 60 plus a day) but that's still another 40 days of working out with no rest day. Seems counterproductive to not allow the body to recover.

Just to be clear the workout is 100 calander days straight of burpees? NOT day 1, 2, 3 do burpees, take your rest day, then do day 4, 5, 6 (without doubling up)?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #18
Louis Hayes

Profile:

WFS
http://magdziasz.com/wordpress/?p=19#more-19

Yes, it's for 100 calendar days. If you start today, in 100 days you will be done.
And yes, it does go against all rules of rest and recovery.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #19
Karl Steeves

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Hayes View Post
WFS
http://magdziasz.com/wordpress/?p=19#more-19

Yes, it's for 100 calendar days. If you start today, in 100 days you will be done.
And yes, it does go against all rules of rest and recovery.
Thank you for clarifying that. I may do this and just double up so I can still take rest days.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #20
Thomas Wozencraft

Profile:

As I have said in my previous posts. Once you hit about day 70, you don't want to skip any days. With the WOD's along with it, makes for a heavy day, especially if you double up.