CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
Cole Troxell

Profile:
My Journey

ok, so I've decided to write it down, been crossfitting for a few weeks but recently started following the WOD, I'm 6' 230 lbs approx 18-20% fatboy and would love to remedy that hince picking up CF seriously, SO I've decided to write it down! Did the 5k ... well had to sub it for a 24 min sprint/jog sprinting up the hill bout 20m and jogging down it since I'm in Afghanistan at the moment and can't just go and run. I will try to be on here as often as possible jotting down my "performances" and would love some incouragement thanks guys and gals!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
Cole Troxell

Profile:
Re: My Journey

alright, a rest day which is good for me cause I'm really sore from Jackie had to sub the row for SDHP due to not having a row machine! Worked my form on the clean and jerk day. I'm relativily new to olympic lifts and felt i should do more reps and work form more so than try to maxout which turned out to be a good thing cuz I sucked it up! took a bit getting used to getting my elbows around that bar but I got it fingered out went up to 155 lbs which didnt feel very heavy but as stated before was working the form!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
Cole Troxell

Profile:

Ok, it's 9 mar 14:57ish here in Afghanistan and just finished todays WOD heres how it went...

subbed hand stand PU for dips cuz had no level ground to dare them on everything else I kept honest..well tried lol the l pull ups are pretty dam hard! anyways I'm rambling so here it is....8 1/2 rounds..not to good was a little dissapointed but it's ok I'll only improve! The diet hasn't been good try to eat good but it is hard here with limited foods to eat so thats all I'll say bout it just know it sucked! lol
Old 03-09-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
Matthew Upright

Profile:

Keep working hard on the workouts man! try to find someone in your unit to do them with you, it makes them a little bit more fun and you have someone to help you watch your form. Find a good place to do your handstand push ups, dips arent a very good alt for that. good luck and stay safe.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
Cole Troxell

Profile:

thanks for the advice I know dips are not a good sub, but I had to make due for the day it's very limited out here and yea I normally make my soldiers workout with me (I'm a SSG) but as I said it is so limited out here there is barely enough room for one person working out at a time..but I've rambled enough time to talk bout my WOD.. lol

did the 5 pull ups 5 dips and 15 sit ups.. ok so I've moved cops (combat outposts) again.. lol so no dip bars and no where to hang my rinngs, SO, I subbed the dips for 10 push ups which I shoulda made it like 20 push ups cause it was way to easy, I did pull ups on a door which was hard that finger grip is no joke and did standard sit ups... did 14 rounds and finished up with 20 minutes of a elypticle they have out here... I would have liked to get more rounds but I did a bad job on subbing.. the push ups ..to easy...the door pull ups pretty hard.. so there was alot of recovery between the pull ups my fingers were dead lol