CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Casey Caudle

Profile:
Paleo burger buns?

I am wanting to make some paleo Cheeseburgers. I've seen people use Portabello(sp?) mushrooms for buns but are there any other recipes, like buns made with almond flour?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Jeff Wilson

Profile:
Re: Paleo burger buns?

Romaine lettuce leaves.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
Casey Caudle

Profile:

ok but I want something that mimics a wheat bun. I feel like a good burger has to have a good bun. Sourdough is the best.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
Nick Lavato

Profile:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/bre...axbasicfoc.htm wfs I have used that several times...may not be 100% paleo, but it's good.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
Danni Coffman

Profile:

Did Paleo Man eat cheeseburgers? I'm guessing that he did not so why not be wacky and eat an actual hamburger bun You could get the Ezekiel sprouted kind and feel more virtuous.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
George Mounce

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Lavato View Post
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/bre...axbasicfoc.htm wfs I have used that several times...may not be 100% paleo, but it's good.
Flax isn't a grain so this would be good.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Caudle View Post
I am wanting to make some paleo Cheeseburgers.
Paleo man did not eat cheeseburgers.....
Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
Max Lambert

Profile:

Paleo man also didn't use bumper plates
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
David Meverden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Lambert View Post
Paleo man also didn't use bumper plates
Totally unrelated to the original question, but I started imagining a paleolithic man trying to figure out what to do with a bumper plate.

Paleo man pokes bumper plate. It doesn't move.

Paleo man looks underneath bumper plate. Nothing under it.

Paleo man picks up bumper plate, looks through the hole in the middle. Heavy enough to use as projectile? Rocks are harder, would work better.

Paleo man takes plate back to cave because it's colorful, and it spends several years as a seat for the Big Man of the tribe. Eventually kids start playing games with it, rolling it at each other. Tribe members try to produce their own "heavy round thing with hole in it" for these games. Years later daughter of paleo man has finished treating a deer hide and is bored. She puts a staff through the hole and begins rolling the plate. It dawns on her to put a second "heavy round thing with hole in it" on the other end and she realizes she could create the first wheeled cart! Her invention could dramatically increase the amount of weight and cargo that could be transported by tribe members! Their entire society could be changed by this miraculous invention!

Several men in the tribe return from fishing and she tries to explain what she's created! Failing to see the utility, they laugh at her and tell her she has foolish ideas. Instead one of them sees the staff with heavy rounds things on the end and picks it up. He tries to lift it over his head, but is clumsy. The others feel they could do better and hoist it overhead to prove their own superior strength. The first barbell is born! Wheeled vehicles, however, don't develop for another 400 years.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
George Mounce

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
Totally unrelated to the original question, but I started imagining a paleolithic man trying to figure out what to do with a bumper plate.

Paleo man pokes bumper plate. It doesn't move.

Paleo man looks underneath bumper plate. Nothing under it.

Paleo man picks up bumper plate, looks through the hole in the middle. Heavy enough to use as projectile? Rocks are harder, would work better.

Paleo man takes plate back to cave because it's colorful, and it spends several years as a seat for the Big Man of the tribe. Eventually kids start playing games with it, rolling it at each other. Tribe members try to produce their own "heavy round thing with hole in it" for these games. Years later daughter of paleo man has finished treating a deer hide and is bored. She puts a staff through the hole and begins rolling the plate. It dawns on her to put a second "heavy round thing with hole in it" on the other end and she realizes she could create the first wheeled cart! Her invention could dramatically increase the amount of weight and cargo that could be transported by tribe members! Their entire society could be changed by this miraculous invention!

Several men in the tribe return from fishing and she tries to explain what she's created! Failing to see the utility, they laugh at her and tell her she has foolish ideas. Instead one of them sees the staff with heavy rounds things on the end and picks it up. He tries to lift it over his head, but is clumsy. The others feel they could do better and hoist it overhead to prove their own superior strength. The first barbell is born! Wheeled vehicles, however, don't develop for another 400 years.
Nope, he'd get three sticks, some vines, and a hollowed out stump and make a wheelbarrow!