CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
Jennie Yundt

Profile:
UPDATED Before & After pics - 8 Months of CrossFit

8 month update!!

Hi Everyone! I posted this in the same thread as my 5 month pictures, but I think it really needs a new thread.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for all your kinds words and encouragement. After posting my 5 month progress pictures, I suddenly had more dedication and commitment to CrossFit than ever before!

So here's what's been going on for the last 3 months. I have been trying hard to lose a few more pounds, but have been generally unsuccessful. My weight has fluctuated within the same 5lbs. It's been a little frustrating, but my overall performance has been GREAT! I can now do 20 consecutive kipping pull ups, and my running has improved tremendously. I still have a long way to go....but at least I can run 800 meters at a good pace without taking any breaks. AND we did a workout the other day, and I did 21-15-9 thrusters at 88lbs! Plus, I had to take my bar off the floor, so I can apparently power clean this weight as well. I am stronger than I have ever been my whole life, AND I'm smaller than I've ever been! I am definitely a size 4 now, but occasionally need a size 2. (throwing confetti)

I have been weighing/measuring my food and keeping a good food log. I try my best to stay around 1,650 calories a day, with 50%+ of those calories coming from fat/protein.

My plan for the next 3 months is to try REALLY hard to stop eating so much fruit. I think it'll help melt away a few squishy areas. Additionally, I will eat 70% of my carbs during the post workout window. I'm told this will help with recovery.

My improvements over the last 3 months aren't as dramatic as I had hoped for, AND I'm not nearly as tan as I was in June, but here is a link to my 8 month progress pictures: LINK
Old 09-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Jason Peacock

Profile:
Re: UPDATED Before & After pics - 8 Months of CrossFit

Awesome - this is great progress, and solid proof that weights don't make you big I love your stats - smaller size yet same weight & stronger! That's true fitness.

Congrats!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Tom Woodward

Profile:

WOW! Any woman who thinks CF will make them bulky needs to see these pics. You may not see a difference in the June - September pics, but I definitely do. Your midline is a lot more solid and your shoulders and back are more defined. Have you been measuring BF%? Do you have a long term final goal?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Nick Hanson

Profile:

Hey Jennifer,

One random, strange question for a guy to be asking. Are you on birth control? My girlfriend is and she is afraid this might be holding up her progress (because her hormones are all screwy). Just wondering what your thoughts were.

Nick
Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
David Meverden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hanson View Post
Hey Jennifer,

One random, strange question for a guy to be asking. Are you on birth control? My girlfriend is and she is afraid this might be holding up her progress (because her hormones are all screwy). Just wondering what your thoughts were.

Nick
Yikes! That's probably getting a little too personal, but I see how you may honestly be looking for input on that (DOES birth control mess up response to exercise?).

Anyway, great work Jennifer! Even if you don't see too much of a difference in your body in the last 3 months you should be really pumped about your improvements in performance (that's really what we're all about after all, right?). I'm really impressed by the 20 PU and 88 lb thrusters (). Fantastic!

How long did it take you to get your first pullup? I know when you started you couldn't do one.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #6
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hanson View Post
Hey Jennifer,

Nick
You're right...that IS a weird question. j/k. Yes, I have been on birth control for about 10 years now. I'm sure that every pill contains different levels of hormones though. Your GF could ask her Dr. if the pill is keeping the weight on, but I have a lot of CrossFitter women at my gym who are on birth control and have had impressive progress.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Brad Thompson

Profile:

Great work!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Jimi Miller

Profile:

Fantastic work
Old 09-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

Like Tom said, if you look close enough, you can see SEVERAL differences from June to September, and I'm not talking about the loss of the tan

Keep it up! Will be waiting for your December picture
Old 09-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
How long did it take you to get your first pullup? I know when you started you couldn't do one.

I think my first pull up was about 4 months after I started. I had been using the assistance bands religiously, and practicing my kip. I jumped up on the bar to demonstrate the kip to someone, and BAM! A pull up magically appeared. I was so surprised that I jumped down and asked, "did I just do a pull up? Did you just see that??!" I'm sure I had the same look on my face that little kids get when the magician pulls the quarter out from behind their ear.