CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
Justin Lascek

Profile:
Slosh Pipe Example Workout with Pictures

Hey folks,

I've had a group of people (all of which weren't present for this workout) doing CrossFit with me for the past 4 months. Today we had a workout outside on some volleyball courts with the following equipment:

-3"x10' Slosh Pipe
-4"x10' Slosh Pipe (both pipes were filled at least halfway and no more than 2/3)
-Homemade slam/med ball made out of a cheap, regulation size basketball filled with sand (at least 20 lbs.)
-4 bags of rubber mulch (around 45 lbs.)

The workout was done on a large sand pit that has 2 volleyball courts in it. If you can see the linked pictures, it will give you an idea of how big it is.

For time:

-Run the perimeter
-1 lap carrying the slosh pipe (guys 4"x10', girls 3"x10')
-30 push-ups
-30 bag lifts
-30 hanging leg raises
-1 lap of med-ball throwing
-1 lap of slosh pipe drags
-30 of your choice of push-up/pull-up/dip (depending on fitness level)
-1 lap of bear crawling

Notes:
-1 lap was defined as starting on the exterior out-of-bounds line of one volleyball court, going down to the exterior out-of-bounds line of the opposite court, and back.
-Bag lifts were defined as lifting the bag from a deadlift position, and throwing it over the shoulder (alternating shoulders). The girls did a deadlift with a pull.
-Hanging leg raises were done on the beams above the bleachers (shown in the pictures)
-Dragging the slosh pipe was done facing away from the pipe and hauling it over your shoulder or head.

Times ranged from around 8 to 15 minutes. We didn't really need to scale it for this group, but scaling could definitely occur. Ask me if you can't think of a way to do so.

Anyway, when I was looking for slosh pipe workouts, there weren't really that many examples, not many examples that integrated it into an overall workout, or I just didn't search hard enough. Maybe this will spark some interest in slosh pipes and sand workouts?

Quick note about me: I plan on opening an affiliate relatively soon in this town. It's great to have multiple locations/environments to workout in and experiment with. Get outside!

Here is a Facebook link to the photos that allegedly is viewable by those who don't have it (let me know if it doesn't work). The first part of the album was a slosh pipe workout we did last Saturday. If you want the details on that workout, just let me know (it was a doozy). Enjoy.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2a&id=33011040 (safe link)

Last edited by David Wood : 07-25-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added "safe" designation. Justin, you gotta do that . . . next time I delete the link instead of fixing it.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
Justin Lascek

Profile:
Re: Slosh Pipe Example Workout with Pictures

I just moved those bags of rubber mulch, and they are definitely at least 60 lbs.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Justin McGinley

Profile:
Re: Slosh Pipe Example Workout with Pictures

I love outside, group workouts. Always a good time.