CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 07-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Patrick Hau

Profile:
CrossFit New Hampshire

Anyone in the area? Just started the program but I have been working out for many years.

Patrick
Hanover NH
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Wes Hendricks

Profile:
Re: CrossFit New Hampshire

I go to Plymouth State, not sure if thats near you but if it is your welcome to workout with me. I use the Schools sports team weight room, it basically is a crossfit gym. Its got bumper plates, lifting platforms, rowing machines and just about anything else you would need to crossfit. And since nobody checks for school ID, technically anybody can use it.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Patrick Hau

Profile:

It looks like you are about an hour and a half away. A bit far, thanks

P
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Carmen Sarno

Profile:

I'm a new CF enthusiast in the Manchester area and sometimes in the lakes region on weekends. I think that used to be an affiliate in S.NH, but it doesn't appear to be active anymore. It'd be super happy fun to get enough CFers in the state to start one. I think Hanover is about an hour from Manch and lakes. I might check out the PSU facility when I'm up there. For now, I try to do the WOD in my local globo gym.

There's another old thread or two on this topic. Maybe some of the peeps on there could be more helpful. Good luck.
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=30786
Old 07-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
Melissa Urban

Profile:

I live in Tilton (Lakes Region) and work in Manchester. I train early AM at the Manchester Gold's. They're good about letting me bring in my own stuff (KBs, bumpers, rings, etc.) and in the morning, it's generally not too busy to work the WODs. There isn't a good CF-friendly gym by my house, but I do track or park workouts every Saturday and I have enough equipment to train at home.

Patrick, these places might be a little far to drive on a daily basis, but it'd be worth the trip once in a while, especially if you don't have access to good equipment (like a platform and bumpers) or if you have skills that you'd like help with. I've been training a bunch of other CrossFitters with their kettlebell form lately, and I've traveled pretty far to get help with my Oly lifts. Some things are hard to pick up on your own - plus it's always more fun to run through the workouts with someone else.

Carmen, where are you training in Manch? Send me a PM if you want to get together at Gold's, or up in the Lakes Region. A few of us NH/MA people have been talking about getting an informal "WOD in the park" thing together this summer. Might be time to actually set something up.

Melissa
Old 07-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Andrew Ager

Profile:

Well, there's me. Sort of. I'm doing Starting Strength as a precursor to CF/CFE ... and doing all the work in the Dartmouth Fitness Center. I'll be moving over to WODs in late October, according to my plans.

I think there's someone in West Leb., too....
Old 07-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Carmen Sarno

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Byers View Post
Carmen, where are you training in Manch? Send me a PM if you want to get together at Gold's, or up in the Lakes Region. A few of us NH/MA people have been talking about getting an informal "WOD in the park" thing together this summer. Might be time to actually set something up.
Hi Melissa -
When I'm not on travel, I train at Gold's in Manchester in the AM or PM dependent upon work / ability to get out of bed. I'm the skinny kid attempting to do awkward oly lifts (obviously a neophyte). I try to stick to the WOD (or a past WOD) as closely as possible. On some weekends, I'm up in Meredith sans equipment, so it's most likely off to the park for a jump rope & swim workout.

I'd def be up for meeting some morning. I'm a noob and literally just got my 1 pood KB and rings last week, so any input on the correct way to do stuff would be truly appreciated.

An informal CF group would be sweet. If I can be of assistance in making something like that happen, please let me know.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 AM   #8
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen Sarno View Post
Hi Melissa -
When I'm not on travel, I train at Gold's in Manchester in the AM or PM dependent upon work / ability to get out of bed. I'm the skinny kid attempting to do awkward oly lifts (obviously a neophyte). I try to stick to the WOD (or a past WOD) as closely as possible. On some weekends, I'm up in Meredith sans equipment, so it's most likely off to the park for a jump rope & swim workout.

I'd def be up for meeting some morning. I'm a noob and literally just got my 1 pood KB and rings last week, so any input on the correct way to do stuff would be truly appreciated.

An informal CF group would be sweet. If I can be of assistance in making something like that happen, please let me know.
Hi Carmen,

I'm going to PM you, I can absolutely help you with anything kettlebell-related (and basic ring work too).

Melissa
Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
Wes Hendricks

Profile:

Carmen any time you wanna crossfit up at PSU just drop me a PM I love crossfiting with other people. I got this quote from the affiliate blog "Crossfit is like sex you can do it on your own, but its better with another person." And I recently just became level 1 certified.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
Samy Daghir

Profile:

Hey guys, soon we should all have a badass crossfit home, Nuri Shakir who is local pro MMA fighter is opening a gym in the Manchester/Nashua area sometime before the end of Sept. There are a few of us who are putting together the money to not only get certified as Crossfit Trainers but we have our crosshairs on becoming affiliated too. It's awesome that there are other trainers out there somewhere close... I would love to get the info on your park sessions. Finding a group atmosphere to train in would be a unbelievable!
I have also been following the Crossfit Endurance WOD's for both the C2 and the running, going back and forth so if anyone is interested in that as well let me know, I am a novice in that arena for sure but I have already noticed a huge difference in my work capacity overall since I added that training.

Last edited by Samy Daghir : 08-04-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: accidental clicking of the mouse!