CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-20-2008, 05:47 AM   #1
Geoff Kegerreis

Profile:
Mona vie

I have used the search function and seen that this topic has been discussed in the past, but in the two times I noticed, there was very limited information about the product and it seems the product may have changed over that period of time.

No one had commented that they tried it as part of the workout regiment.

Well, now there is at least one person trying it - are there any more since the older threads?

I am now trying 2 ounces of this drink 2x a day to see if I note any changes.

Regardless of your opinions on how the stuff is marketed, I think there is some worth in trying it - but I haven't tried it long enough to really comment on it other than it tastes good to me.

The product I am trying is called "active" and contains Glucosomine and is obviously based on Acai berry, one of the few "superfoods" that contains a very high amount of anti-oxidants. It has 30 cals and 1/2g of fat per serving.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Jaime Steele

Profile:
Re: Mona vie

Spend your money on Michael Pollan books (to understand food) and good fresh produce. I think over the years I've tried most supplements - waste of money IMHO.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
Steven Anderson

Profile:

Yep, I tried it and... it's CRAP. If your exercising regularly, (crossfit, SS, pmenu style, etc.) and eating Zone/Paleo you do not need it. I really don't believe anybody needs it. Someone gave me two bottles for free and it did absolutely nothing for me. The guy then "followed up" with me with his "pyramid scheme selling sounding voice" and wanted to know if I were ready to sell, make lots of money and live a healthier lifestyle. Hmmm, I almost told him to go **** himself.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Jeff Evans

Profile:

I'm starting to wonder the same thing about this Nutrametrix OPC-3 stuff. I got some from my chiropractor based on her recommendation as well as my roommate's. But so far I haven't noticed any difference (it's a "skin formula" which from what I gather means it has extra calcium, but so far it hasn't affected my energy levels or improved my skin). I'll use the full bottle before making a verdict but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with this stuff (here's the w/fs link BTW).