CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 04-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Philip Borde

Profile:
Starting Strength Gains

I started doing Starting Strength about 1 month ago and wanted to post some of my numbers. I know that when I started I was really impressed by many people's gains but was a little incredulous. However, even after just a month I've had some big gains in strength. I still have 1 month to go with SS, but this is a midterm report. I'll post more numbers again in a month.

Beginning
Squat: 135 (with lots of trouble)
Press: 75
Deadlift: 165
Bench: 115

Now
Squat: 225
Press: 105
Deadlift: 235
Bench: 155

I would highly recommend SS for anyone who's getting into Crossfit but is having strength issues. And although I'm putting on body fat again with SS I know it'll all come right back off in a month when I get back into Crossfit.

edit: this is all at a starting weight of 195 and current weight of 205 and height of 5' 10"

Last edited by Philip Borde : 04-15-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: forgot body weight.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
Ariff Saufi

Profile:
Re: Starting Strength Gains

Philip, great work there. Nice & steady progression. How far away from stalling do you think you are right now? Judging from your bw and the lift numbers, i think you can still push through rather easily for another 3-4 weeks. that my friend, is a blessing!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
Philip Borde

Profile:
Re: Starting Strength Gains

For the first few workouts I was able to increase by 10lbs the next workout on each lift. Now I'm able to increase about 5 lbs per session. I hope I can keep making increases for a couple more weeks but I'm really considering jumping back to crossfit for a while to lose some bf. Since I started SS my diet's gone to crap and I'm starting to get a second chin. The strength is nice and I can definitely see muscle mass gains but the increasing spare tire is eating at my soul!