CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
Lane Willard

Profile:
Right clavicle popping, but no pain?

Anything to worry about? Been doing it for about 2 years, think it was from being on the receiving end of a jiu-jitsu takedown in class.

Both my clavicle and shoulder will pop consistently at the right angle doing shoulder press. I can also make the clavicle pop by simple moving my shoulder forward and back (100% of the time).

Like I said, no pain, but want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for a degenerative condition and a lifetime of pain by ignoring it.

I'm not looking for medical advise (especially for my first post), just curious if anyone has experienced the same thing (or something similar) and can relate what the problem was.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Right clavicle popping, but no pain?

Might wanna see a PT about it!

It shouldn't but you never know.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Elliot Fuller

Profile:
Re: Right clavicle popping, but no pain?

Lane, I experience enough cracks to fill a bowl of rice krispies when I do wide arm circles in either direction on either arm.

I think I've had this "condition" as long as I can remember, and it's never caused me any pain - however I did have a recent spurt of severe stiffness in both shoulders (not quite clavicle area, but close), but I think it was unrelated and more due to overtraining or my new rower

I've never had the inclination to go get it checked out, personally, as I think it's on the same level as the normal "clicking" in the knees at times that many, many people have. I do have a prescription for some physical therapy for another issue, so maybe I'll ask them when I go in in the next week or two.

If you have the same thing that I do, I really wouldn't worry, and just make sure you do adequate stretching (shoulder dislocates work wonders for me).