CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Børge Johnsen

Profile:
A norwegian crossfitter is born!

Hello everyone. Im been reading about crossfitness for a couple of days now, and its been a long time since I've been so motivated.
Since I am so new to this training form and this message board you have to exuse me if this is not the right place for this thread, but I thought it looked like the right spot.
The primary reason for posting here is that I feel its very motivating to post here and get feedback from other crossfitters, and its also a good way for myself to keep track of my progress.

So, a little info about myself. Male, 24 years, student. Used to be an active guy, but moving around the last couple of years have gotten me to far into my comfort zone Used to play football (no, exuse me, soccer untill I was 19 years old, and since then its been downhill
I'm 180cm and ca 73 kg.

My plan is to use the first months to learn the techniques (especially lifting tech) and to test myself in a couple of workouts, so I have something to compare to. My primary goal is not to get injured
Yesterday I did a little test down in the local gym just to see where I am. The result wasn't something to brag about:

Push ups: 18
Squats: 102
Dips: 4
Hang ups: 3
Row 500m: 2:05 min

It was a terribel training session and I nearly puked after that rowing, but it felt good to at least have started. To day I just ran/walked up the mountain (somehing above 400m).
So now I just have to continue to work hard, but it feels so good to be so motivated. I'm looking forward to the workouts now and I cant wait to get to the gym to perform the WOD. Good feeling, GOOD feeling

So, this is me. Wish me luck!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
Stephen Smith

Profile:
Re: A norwegian crossfitter is born!

Welcome, and good luck! Looks like you're approaching it the right way, easing into it to avoid injury. Don't worry about your numbers right now, all that will improve quickly once you're into it. Although 102 squats isn't bad at all for starting. I'm guessing that has something to do with the mountain walking/running?
Old 05-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
Børge Johnsen

Profile:

Hello again. Well, my first WOD starts out with a 1RM test. Good timing.
Took it carefully since my lifting experience is limited, and I had no spotter. So my results are not absolutely max, but as far I dared without injuring me or others.

Backsquat: 60kg (132.3 pounds)
Shoulderpress: 30kg (66.2 pounds) (3 reps)
Deadlift: Skipped the deadlift since my experience is limited and I was afraid to kill my back with the wrong technique.

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Børge Johnsen

Profile:

Yesterday I did a improvised WoD with what i could find. Worked well and did two rounds since I didnt feel like I did my best. Improved my time from 8:15 to 7:00. This is with lighter weight and regular (but double reps) of jumps.

To day I did the WoD but was carefull since I havent got much lifting experience. Did the the clean with a 20kg(44lbs) bar. Could have done heavier but as I said, I was careful. Subbed the GHDs with regular sit ups. Was heavy enough. Felt I had a good workout and got pumped. My time was 19:00.
In the evening I played squash for an hour. Hardest session I had and it was great fun.

All in all, I still feel crossfit is fun and I'm looking forward to the next WoD every day. Great success
Old 06-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Børge Johnsen

Profile:

Rest day. Walked up to a lookout point in town 320meters above sealevel with my daughter in her wagon (or what you called it in english) and played 1,5 hour of squash afterwards. Rest day my a** But feels good. Have probably trained more the last week than the last year!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
Bernt Dahl

Profile:

Hallo Børge. Artig å se andre nordmenn her. Det er ikke så mange av oss på dette forumet. Lykke til med treningen.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
Børge Johnsen

Profile:

Hei Bernt! Takk for det. Veldig spennende form for trening og det kjennes godt i hvert fiber i kroppen Artig med andre nordmenn ja, har ikke hørt om så mange enda, men regner med det vil spre seg over dammen også.

Tried to do the WoD but the technique is not good. But it can only get better. Did it more like a shoulder press it felt like. Liftet 1x30kg(66lbs) then 9x35kg(77lbs). Did some good stretching afterwards since I really need it.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
Børge Johnsen

Profile:

Had a Xfit break beacuse I had to go back to my hometown because of a funeral. Now I'm ready again and did the WoD somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes (my stopwatch stopped). Was tougher than i thought it would be. Bakwards was murder.Good to back on track though.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:11 AM   #9
Børge Johnsen

Profile:

Yesterday i played squash with a friend for 1 hour+. Good workout. Today i tried the WoD, but had no chance. A little demotivating to be so far from the requested WoD but I just have to be patient I guess. I managed a little over 2 rounds and now Im barely able to write this post. So I gues I got a good workout even though it wasnt as requested. It can only get better i guess
Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
Børge Johnsen

Profile:

Hello again. Been a while since I posted but thats just because theres been nothing to post. Been training for 28th of May now, not every day but trying to keep up. Been working alot so I havent got the time I need everyday but i try. Havent had time to train for a week now and was starting to feel too comfortable in my "comfort zone" and was lacking more and more motivation. But today I went to the gym and wanted to try the same test as i did the first day of training (28th). The test (results from the 28th first, the todays results):
-Push ups: 18 - 30 (+12)
-Squats: 102 - 60 (changed the method from using a oversized medizineball to using nothing and going all the way down, so the results is not comparable)
-Hang ups(No kipping):3 - 8 (+5)
-Dips: 4 - 8 (+4) (Did dips then hang ups on the first test but now i did hang ups then dips, don't know how much that means)
-Row 500m: 2:05 - 2:00 (Room for improvement)

All in all I'm very pleased with the results. I doubled up or more on hang ups, push ups, and dips, and improved the rowing. I think I improved on the squats aswell because this was alot tougher and i did over 50% of the original wich I think is an impropvement.
A good day and a good workout! It was a motivationboost! Good luck and good day to all of you!