CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 09-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #11
Dimitri Dziabenko

Profile:
Re: "How fit are you?"

Just wondering, are the pull ups in test 1 allowed to be kipped or are they deadhang?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #12
Steven Low

Profile:

If it doesn't say dead hang then it's kipping by default.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

You don't HAVE to get your bench/deadlift up that high, looks to me like the smaller mass guys were taken into account with these tests and would be able to compensate with higher counts on the bodyweight movements...350#dl x 10 hspu = 3500 is the example, but 300#dl x 12 hspu = 3600. Of course if you're repping with 250# you'd need 14-15 or so hspu's to be close, I think that could definitely be accomplished in 4mins by you Steven.

I also don't think you're supposed to view BP at 300# as the standard, just an example given...the standards would be in the average scores compiled if many people at different fitness levels performed these tests...I don't think many have, or if they have the scores aren't collected anywhere.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #14
Dale F. Saran

Profile:

My max bench is 270-275 and I'm good for maybe 30 or so kips in one shot. I'm thinking I might do these over the course of one week and post my results. I like this a lot. I'll be very happy if I score over 40. Anyone who puts up an 80 I would not want to meet in a dark alley.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #15
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
I'll put it this way, I think they should at least give the scoring for below their current schema. Otherwise you might not even bother if you know you can't get on the chart.

That's what I thought when I read the article. I'd definitely score a zero on this, but if I could manage a 3, say, I might give it a go. As it is, I'm simply taking the scoring system as a sign that this is a challenge for which I'm just not qualified.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
I'll put it this way, I think they should at least give the scoring for below their current schema. Otherwise you might not even bother if you know you can't get on the chart.
Brandon, if you really wanted to you could just extrapolate what you think 2 points would be worth for each test...just eye-balling it I'd say.

2 points each
Test 1 4,000-5,999
Test 2 100-114
Test 3 86-179
Test 4 2,500-3,499
Test 5 6:30-6:01

Old 09-28-2007, 03:52 AM   #17
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Yeah... or just record my actual results, the "score" doesn't really have any particular significance.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #18
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Yeah the score doesn't really matter...although they say "men will kill for points"
Old 09-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #19
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

The first time I was looking at that I was thinking "yeah right"... but now looking at it again (only a few days later), I think I might actually be able to get on the scoreboard in each of these in a reasonable amount of time. Except the muscle-up and HSPU's that is. Still can't pop those guys off yet. Heh, 4 minutes for 30+ muscle-ups... that's a little ways off. Although if I spent a few weeks working on it, I could probably pop off a 24-25 rep tabata squat score. Maybe 26 if I could pick up the speed of dropping to the ground and getting back up. Of course that's still 26 muscle-ups... Maybe on this test, it's like rowing, conserve energy on the tabata squat portion, because a decent score is good enough, since it's exponentially more effort to pop off a tabata squats score of 26 than it is to go from a 22 to 26 in muscle-ups.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #20
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
Yeah the score doesn't really matter...although they say "men will kill for points"
"Men will die for points. CrossFitters will kill for them."