CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 05-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
Martin Schap

Profile:
After the May 2 WOD (the one with the 45lbs DB Snatches) I had some weird pain in my shoulder. It seems like where the collar bone meets the other bones in the front/top of the shoulder is kind of enlarged. It definitely feels like it sticks up more than the other side does when you touch it, and it is tender to the touch. Anybody know what's wrong with me? Also, it hurts when it is under a load, as when I'm doing bench or OHP, etc.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Martin,
You likely injured/compromised your shoulder joint, specifically the acromioclavicular joint. From what you describe, it sounds as if you are suffering from a mild case of a "separated" shoulder.

Check this link, see if you fit the symptom picture.http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/shou...separation.htm
There are also some treatment options listed towards the bottom of the article.

I would lay off that shoulder for a while--specifically anything that causes it pain. Otherwise, I'd do anything else that is absolutely pain-free.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
Jibreel Freeland

Profile:
Definitely sounds like AC joint seperation to me. I have done so to both my shoulders. Probably one of the easiest injuries to live with. The bump will likely not go away. I have permanent crepitus from it but otherwise I am strong. If I had to chose an injury I would definitely go with this one over elbow problems.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
Martin Schap

Profile:
I checked out the link. Sounds like type II is a really good fit for my symptoms. Thanks for the help fellas. I'm off to ice it...