CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #1
Lindy Y.Terao

Profile:
I've been asked to help put on a fitness contest for kids 6-14 years in three events. Push-ups, situps and air squats. Contestants will have 1 minute to do as many as they can with 2 minutes rest between each event. We are still in the planning stages but I forsee people asking how we are going to validate the number of reps and the quality of each event. Does anyone have any idea of how to get started or know of any resource for information and testing equipment......

Any suggestions???
Old 03-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Chris Goodrich

Profile:
Here's a link to the performance standards used for push-ups and sit-ups in the Army Physical Fitness Test: http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/Prep_For_Basic_Training/Prep_for_basic_pt/ about-the-apft-pushup-eve.shtml

You could borrow or adjust these for your test. Standards for squats seems pretty straight forward, crease of hips must be below top of patella at bottom and hips must be fully extended at top. Using arms to assist by pushing off the thighs invalidates the rep.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:58 AM   #3
Lindy Y.Terao

Profile:
Thanks for the info Chris. I will look into that site.

The name of the event is called the Great Hawaiian International Fitness Challenge
We just put up the websitehttp://www.hawaiifitnessjudo.org
It's not totally ready but there's some general information. There are a few things that are incorrect on the site like, it says that we will use jump squats as one of the events, this is not true. We will use air squats.

Is there any type of equipment out there that measures or evaluates pushups, situps and squats?

Is there an event similar to what I'm trying to do?

Thanks for the all help.