CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #11
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Dave,

No hard feelings - as I say, I understand where you're coming from. I like the sound of the September "CrossFit Annual Championship" - if you are willing to accept international competition then I'm sure we can put together a British team to take part! In fact, it could provide a bit of extra motivation over the intervening months - with national pride at stake we'd better put in a good showing!

Thankyou for your words of encouragement, I hope that in time we can indeed develope this thing to a high level. But, we have no desire to do so at the expense of other events, so your point about amplifying rather than detracting from each other's efforts is well taken. From now on I look forward to making sure that this is what occurs.

Once again, no hard feelings and I look forward to going up against you in September!

Cheers,

Pete

Old 04-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #12
David Easton

Profile:
check this for new name change

www.crossfitlog.blogspot.com
Old 04-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #13
Karl Steadman

Profile:
Dave,

What Pete said. :happy:

He's got a far better grasp of this little shared language of ours than i could ever hope to have.

Water under the bridge.....

Davie,

Pain storming............:rofl:

LIKE IT!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #14
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Great stuff Davie, "Pain-storming" gets my vote! Gives us a nice "corporate" image! :lol:
Old 04-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #15
Donald Woodson

Profile:

Ya know? If they can recognize powerboating as an official Olympic sport, then surely you guys are on to something.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:15 PM   #16
Graham Hayes

Profile:
Dave, again what Pete said (wish I could write that well). Time to move on...Thank you for your encouragement and the invitation to participate in future events, I think we're all looking forward to it!

Davie, cool name!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:54 AM   #17
Graham Tidey

Profile:
So youre going to do 2600 meters running, 153 KB Swings, 106 Pullups, 105 Pushups and ten minutes of snatches each?

What. Really?!

Oh my god.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:00 AM   #18
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Graham,

The Helen race won't necessarily involve 3 rounds of Helen, but...

Now you come to mention it, it is rather a lot! We did a lot last time though, believe me it doesn't seem that much once you're there - you can count on a bit of adrenaline just from being amongst other CrossFitters!

BTW, am I right in thinking you're a Londoner? What're you up to on Sunday...? :wink:
Old 04-28-2005, 06:16 AM   #19
Graham Hayes

Profile:
The Helen race is supposed to be our warm up for the Military SOS, since they're kinda similar. I think Davie got a little carried away with 3 rounds...I was thinking 1. Or 1 then rest, while another pair race then go again. The times accomplished for the Military SOS suggest 15-20 minutes work followed by some rest and then another 10 mins of snatch's. All in all I think we've nailed it just right...of course we might think differently on Sunday.

And Mr. Tidey you gotta come! It's on a "rest day" so its not like you gotta do the WOD that day:wink:
Old 04-28-2005, 06:44 AM   #20
Mark Beck

Profile:
good luck with the session on sunday lads. I'm very pleased to see the spirit of international cooperation and friendliness restored. Congrats to all concerned. Unfortunately I'm away this weekend but I plan on making a trip down to london especially for the next pain storming. My other half will probably join me to add to the uk female contingent. Look forward to meeting you all.