CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 08-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
Chris Sinagoga

Profile:
i'm just kinda interested to see what u guys think has been the hardest and most exausting wod you ever did.

for me.... candy is definately the toughest one i've ever done followed by 10x 95#squat clean & 10x dips and filthy fifty following that.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
Michael Winker

Profile:
The hardest ones for me are the WOD's with the 400 or 800 meter runs. Depending on how much I want to bust my , those workouts get me closest to pukie. I'm done afterwards.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Chris Forbis

Profile:
The Three Bars of Death
Old 08-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
WODs
Old 08-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #5
Andrew G. Greenberg

Profile:
three bars of death for sure.
murph, maybe.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
William Winger

Profile:
All of them, if you're doing it right... no, I'm just kidding. For me... I seem to be incapable of mixing rowing with other things, I always kill myself on the rowing part, so I guess:
Anything with rowing in it.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
Kevin Burns

Profile:
I started out w/ CFit doing Barbara for a while until I got used to the pukie feeling. I'm still a newbie and the ones that I have done so far all seem hard but I've noticed that its the rest between sets that makes me feel nausea. As bad as I want to rest sometimes between rounds I know that i'll end up feeling worse after the next round. This also has motivated me to scale the weight i'm using so that I don't need to stop during an exercise to finish the reps. WODs where you are down on the ground and then doing pullups or overhead stuff seem to trash me much more than lets say Fran.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #8
Chris Sinagoga

Profile:
in my opinion, the ones that involve little or no added weight are the hardest because you can push yourself harder to do more than you can with heavier weight. from my experience, there is a point which i can't benchpress my bodyweight anymore, no matter how hard i try, but it seems that with pullups, pushups, or burpees, for example, i can always squeeze out a few more reps if i really put my mind to it and i end up being more exausted after i finish them......but 3 bars of death was still insane. any wod involving burpees:bolt: or sumo deadlift high pulls:crybaby0: is extreemly exausting. any way you look at it, there is nothing better than collapsing on the ground after finishing a grueling WOD physically and mentally exausted and thankful you are done.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:17 AM   #9
Martin Schap

Profile:
I second the 3 bars of death, but I think for me the hardest ones in the sense of being the most taxing are the ones where I can really keep moving the whole time. For instance, when I do a 22 rd Cindy I am moving as fast as I can the whole time, with the only rest being however long it takes to get into position for the next exercise. Something like 30 muscle-ups for time, however, is totally different because after a quick 15 or so I absolutely cannot perform another one until I have rested for a few seconds. Thus, I leave that workout feeling like I have a lot more left in the tank than after a hard Cindy, when I literally have to lie down for a while just to let the room stop spinning.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #10
Michael McMahon

Profile:
Fight. Gone. Bad.