CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
Steve Agocs

Profile:
Crossover Symmetry or similar

My gym owner is looking into Crossover Symmetry. I am a little familiar with the system and I know there are similar products out there like Stroops Slastix and others. My main history with elastic tubing and bands is from a chiropractic rehab perspective, and things like basic Theraband probably wouldn't do well in a gym environment.

I think he's looking at it for building up shoulder strength with a little isolation (gasp) and shoulder protection. Likes, dislikes, alternative systems to look at, etc etc? We'd probably be mounting it to our rig rather than to the walls. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Neil Kanterman

Profile:
Re: Crossover Symmetry or similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Agocs View Post
My gym owner is looking into Crossover Symmetry. I am a little familiar with the system and I know there are similar products out there like Stroops Slastix and others. My main history with elastic tubing and bands is from a chiropractic rehab perspective, and things like basic Theraband probably wouldn't do well in a gym environment.

I think he's looking at it for building up shoulder strength with a little isolation (gasp) and shoulder protection. Likes, dislikes, alternative systems to look at, etc etc? We'd probably be mounting it to our rig rather than to the walls. Thanks in advance!!!
I have had CS about 6 months. Had a wonky left shoulder. Zero pain now. It's one of the things that even my lazy *** won't skip out on. I do it before every workout, and leave the set at my gym where it gets lots of use from the members.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Agocs View Post

Crossover Symmetry works. I did a write up of a DIY version I made on my website that you can find here: http://garagegymreviews.com/2014/11/...ystem-replica/ (wfs)

That being said, I'm sure the bands on the system are better and what you're really paying for is the training protocols which can only be had through purchasing from them.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #4
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Kanterman View Post
I have had CS about 6 months. Had a wonky left shoulder. Zero pain now. It's one of the things that even my lazy *** won't skip out on. I do it before every workout, and leave the set at my gym where it gets lots of use from the members.
pretty much same story here. i have 2 bad shoulders (one needs surgery that will be done in 2 weeks) and have been suffering from pain in both of them for quite some time. a few months ago i decided to just bite the bullet and buy the CS system for my garage and i gotta say, it works. i have been forcing myself to use it before every workout and my shoulders feel so much better now.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Overpriced having used them. Just get a set of bands, possibly one of the swappable/add-on band systems and you are good to go.

There is nothing fancy about the protocols that you can't find on youtube or online. It just looks nice with all the bands set up on one wall. I use the theraband shoulder series I learned from the GymnasticBodies seminar.

$240-400. Profit man.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
Danielle Chollet

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Mitchell View Post
Crossover Symmetry works. I did a write up of a DIY version I made on my website that you can find here: http://garagegymreviews.com/2014/11/...ystem-replica/ (wfs)

That being said, I'm sure the bands on the system are better and what you're really paying for is the training protocols which can only be had through purchasing from them.
Hi Cooper, your setup seems like a good alternative if someone absolutely cannot afford the $240 or whatever the cheapest set is. I watched your video and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to cross the handles to opposite hands so the bands always make an X shape when you're doing the exercises.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #7
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Chollet View Post
Hi Cooper, your setup seems like a good alternative if someone absolutely cannot afford the $240 or whatever the cheapest set is. I watched your video and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to cross the handles to opposite hands so the bands always make an X shape when you're doing the exercises.
Thanks for the heads up but they are crossed, it's probably just the angle.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #8
Snir Golan

Profile:

just a tip, you really don't have to buy a full set from CS. i bought just 2 bands which is all i need. one lighter and one heavier. it was $90 for two cords (4 cords total, 2 colors) + $35 for mounting hardware + $5 for 2 extra carabiners so i can move just the cords up and down the rack. for $130, you get a great set with great quality and versatility.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:46 PM   #9
Frank Ngo

Profile:

http://www.getrxd.com/getrxdmedusapack.html
Wfs

I just saw this the other day and am debating on purchasing it.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:32 AM   #10
Mike Carter

Profile:

Looking at the symmetry and GetRxd, it appears that you could also use these.
http://gorillastrengthgear.com/?page_id=9

You wouldn't have the workout cards, but seems you could design some by looking at shoulder rehab/strengthening workout sites.