CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
Mike Jenkins

Profile:
Strongman Equipment

I know there is a number of gyms that are starting to utilize strongman equipment into their training. I have put on some clinics at a few of these gyms to show people how to properly incorporate strongman into their workouts. I just wanted to fill everyone else in on where to get QUALITY AFFORDABLE equipment. He is a welder by trade so this is something he does on the side. I have his farmers, yokes, logs, axles and "prowler" and theyve held up for the 4 years I have head them. The participants at the clinics love them as well so I figured I would share the wealth. I know how expensive equipment can be when you have to outfit a faciliy with more then one piece of each piece of equipment.

Pitbull Equipment
Alan Benninga
pitbullk9@yahoo.com
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Scott Hinton

Profile:
Re: Strongman Equipment

Ive sent several emails to them asking questions & prices .......I never got any kind of response...........
Old 10-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
Mike Jenkins

Profile:

That's odd! I recently got about 10 pieces of equipment from him without a problem.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jenkins View Post
That's odd! I recently got about 10 pieces of equipment from him without a problem.
Geez, I don't know if anyone here knows who you are Mike, but I do - if its you....

I have heard about Pitbull equipment, and have heard its great. But, I've also heard here, as well as elsewhere that its not a rare occurence to send Pitbull some type of correspondence and not hear back.

Welcome Mike.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Bob Butz

Profile:

I got a couple things--log and farmer's walk handles--from Pitbull and always got in touch with Alan through Facebook. Good stuff for the money.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
Andrew Bell

Profile:

I've sent a few emails back and forth with him in the last year and he seems to get back pretty quick. Seems like a good dude from the emails I've had with him. Got to remember he does this on the side, so it's not a full time job for him. He might just be busy with life....?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Mike Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Christensen View Post
Geez, I don't know if anyone here knows who you are Mike, but I do - if its you....

I have heard about Pitbull equipment, and have heard its great. But, I've also heard here, as well as elsewhere that its not a rare occurence to send Pitbull some type of correspondence and not hear back.

Welcome Mike.
Thanks! It is me, the strongman Mike Jenkins, not one of the NFL players lol
Yes sometimes its not a immediate response bc it is a side job but id much rather outfit a gym for a little cheaper for the wait.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks! It is me, the strongman Mike Jenkins, not one of the NFL players lol
Yes sometimes its not a immediate response bc it is a side job but id much rather outfit a gym for a little cheaper for the wait.
Absolutely!! Oh, and nice work at WSM this year!! Keep up the awesome training and good luck next season!!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #9
Mike Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Christensen View Post
Absolutely!! Oh, and nice work at WSM this year!! Keep up the awesome training and good luck next season!!
Thanks Stu! Starting to ramp up my training for the Arnold, pulled out of a contest in Iceland but Im going to help out still. Im new here obviously! After losing my job for choosing to go to Worlds I started Catalyst Athletics here in PA, it provides hybrid strongman/crossfit style workouts for groups of people so I am just trying to learn a little more about what you guys do!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #10
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks Stu! Starting to ramp up my training for the Arnold, pulled out of a contest in Iceland but Im going to help out still. Im new here obviously! After losing my job for choosing to go to Worlds I started Catalyst Athletics here in PA, it provides hybrid strongman/crossfit style workouts for groups of people so I am just trying to learn a little more about what you guys do!
Yeah, I heard about the job thing on ironmind...crappy situation. Good luck on the new endeavor, I'm sure it'll be great! I was going to be at the Arnold this year as my training partner was invited to the amateur strongman comp, but he pulled out as he just got engaged and bought a new house and funds are tight. Good luck again, 2nd last year was stellar!