CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
Wim Lokate

Profile:
WOD without equipment

I have moved to another home and now I dont have he space to put a barbell or a bench or something like that.
I am a martial artist and want to use the WOD to stay in shape.
But I only have a heavy sandbag (about 50 kilo), 2 kettlebells (20 and 24 kilo) a pull-up bar and a dipstation, and off course a heavy bag to kick and punch.
Is there a possibility to train the WOD with the things I have? Or are there special WOD;s when you have no equipment as I do?
AS I said, I realy like the idea to get stronger and to get in overall shape for my martial arts but I dont know how i CAN DO THAT.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: WOD without equipment

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...488#post426488

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...xercise+thread

Also look up Ross Enamit and you should be able to find workouts for sandbags and KB. They won't be WOD's necessarily.

With a pullup bar and dip bar, you'll be able to work on upper body strength besides doing KB presses and sandbag stuff. A lot of the KB/sandbag stuff will have to be reps and strength endurance but you can focus on upper body strength with BW movements such as it is.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
Michael A. Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim Lokate View Post
I have moved to another home and now I dont have he space to put a barbell or a bench or something like that.
I am a martial artist and want to use the WOD to stay in shape.
But I only have a heavy sandbag (about 50 kilo), 2 kettlebells (20 and 24 kilo) a pull-up bar and a dipstation, and off course a heavy bag to kick and punch.
Is there a possibility to train the WOD with the things I have? Or are there special WOD;s when you have no equipment as I do?
AS I said, I realy like the idea to get stronger and to get in overall shape for my martial arts but I dont know how i CAN DO THAT.
You have plenty of options, Wim. You can program your own WOD with the equipment on hand as well as incorporating bodyweight exercises.

Browse http://woddrive.com/index.html (WSF) and get some ideas; you can filter to find bodyweight, kettlebell, etc workouts.

Michael
Old 11-23-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim Lokate View Post
Is there a possibility to train the WOD with the things I have?

Yes, absolutely. Just get creative with our bodyweight exercises and adding weight and difficulty to those exercises. Fran? no problem. Use both kettlebells and switch on each set. Helen? No problem. head to the track with you your kettlebells. Cindy? No problem! You can do a TON of stuff. I'd also hop on craiglist and try to find something cheap to use in the interim as well.