CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Jose Maza

Profile:
Crossfit and travelling

I joined an affiliate last july and noticed results right away, within the first month I was doing more of everything. But at around October I have been working out of town a lot almost 4 or 5 days a week and home on the weekends so I haven't been able to keep doing doing crossfit workouts as much as I would like.
First because the hotels usually don't have any equipment in their little fitness rooms, second because you can't set anything up at a globo gym without someone taking it while your doing something, and third because a lot of the affiliates charge about $20 drop in fee and that got too expensive.
I was wondering if crossfit Hq and the affiliates can come up with some kind of drop in passes that you can buy from them and you can use them around in different affiliates.
Please tell me what u think? I don't think I'm the only one with this problem.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Aaron C Bennett

Profile:
Re: Crossfit and travelling

While you may not be the only one with that problem, there is no really good way to do that within the business model of CrossFit. Affiliates are not franchises; they are autonomous entities which pay for the licensed use of a trademarked name.
Your best bet would be to come up with a list of exercises that you can do with little equipment. The Bodyweight Workout Resource would be very helpful:
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50739 (wfs)
You might also put together a sandbag kit for heaver lifting. A dufflebag, a liner bag, and a bunch of smaller bags can be rolled up and packed (or you could use the duffle to pack other gear). When you get to your location, either buy a bag or two of play sand, or get sand from a beach. Either way, it'll be less than a $20 drop-in fee. With this same idea, you can get smaller bags with heavy handles that can work as a kettlebell when filled with sand.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Jose Maza

Profile:
Re: Crossfit and travelling

Thanks, I'll checkout the body weight workouts and the sandbag idea sounds really good.