CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
Hugh O'Beirne

Profile:
International Affiliates

Anyone have any insights on the particular challenges that international affiliates have faced?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Jason Donaldson

Profile:
Re: International Affiliates

Finding quality equipment that doesn't set you back an arm and a leg. How's $2000 for a GHD sound!

Also, finding quality coaches. Don't get me wrong, they're out there. It's just hard to find them and to find those willing to share their knowledge.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Darren Ellis

Profile:

I second the equipment thing. A new Concept II is $3200 here!! Luckily I can take advantage of all those people who tried to workout at home and failed. Lots of second hand rowers for $1000-1600.

The fact that Crossfit is almost completely unknown in NZ is possibly a negative, but I'm hoping to turn it into a positive. "The latest greatest way to train!!" etc, etc. Sure, not new to us, but I'm still meeting people who haven't even heard of a fitness bootcamp before.

I'm already jealous of the fact that Crossfitters in each US state can get together and bounce ideas off each other. Luckily the forum is here. And I'm actually off to Australia tomorrow to check out the Sydney affiliates. America next year maybe!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Andrew Cattermole

Profile:

Hhahahah Yep
Everything
Equipment Try getting dynamax send down under
Facility
Insurance
Finding Trainer/Coaches that know more then Body Building Programing
Knowledgeable and non arrogant Coaches with effective communication skills

Frighting the Current Fitness perceptions in general