CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
John Tuitele

Profile:
You think your gym is primitive?

Ran across these attached pictures reading a motorcycle post in a forum I often visit called ADV Rider. I ride a similar bike, a "dual sport" BMW, and sometimes wander over to the section with reports are about folks who set out to cover pretty primitive terrain on these bikes. This particular report is about five friends who took off for offroad adventure on motorcycles across, of all places, Angola. As I was reading their story, I saw this picture from a guard/police post and knew it had to be shared with the CF world.

First picture is an arm wrestling contest between one of the adventurers and one of the police. They policeman won, naturally:
http://metaljockey.smugmug.com/photos/198550796-L.jpg

Here's why: Second picture is of the police gym equipment. I'd call it spartan....I think the squat rack is in the background to the right. Didn't spot a pair of rings or an AgainFaster pullup bar.....
http://metaljockey.smugmug.com/photos/198568796-L.jpg.

I'll go ahead and post a link to the total ride report. But be warned, it not completely work & family safe as the language in this particular sub-culture gets a bit crude sometimes (not so unlike our little collective) and some of the photos of the native women could be straight out of National Geographic.

That being said, it is a compelling report of five guys trying to make it across total wilderness on motorcycles. Here's the link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269251.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:37 AM   #2
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:
Re: You think your gym is primitive?

That's amazing...................thanks for posting.

Susie
Old 10-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Andy Petranek

Profile:
Re: You think your gym is primitive?

Holy Crap - that looks like something out of the Fintstones! Where there's a will, there's a way!